Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hydrogen fuel in the news again!!
rwhit Offline

Big Grin Hydrogen fuel in the news again!!
This is a combination of 2 newspaper articles from local newspapers in Alabama anyone know anything about this guy? I thought about going to see what he has to say he is charging $45.00 or more for his seminar.

Larry Thrasher, who says his new hydrogen fuel system can more than double fuel efficiency in most vehicles, will have a seminar on the system that converts water to hydrogen at 9 a.m. July 26 at the Douglas MacArthur Technical College in Opp.

He sells the system for between $5,700 to $8,000. He said his product has not been tested by an independent party. Those wanting to attending the seminar can contact Thrasher at 256-773-1633.

I’ve written a lot lately about hydrogen generators for cars including commercial kits or DIY systems. Now, a Hartselle, Alabama man, a former preacher, teacher and automotive guy has decided build his own hydrogen gas saver and is experiencing quite a bump in mileage by doing so.

According to the Hartselle Enquirer, Worcester Telegram and WHNT.com, Larry Thrasher, has developed a hydrogen gas saver that increases the mileage on his 1996 Cadillac from 19 mpg to 53 mpg, making a trip to the local grocery store no big deal. The 1996 Toyota that Thrasher’s wife drives gets about 71 mpg highway.

Now, Larry Thrasher won’t get too specific about his hydrogen gas saver since he’s applied for a patent for the parts that make up his system, but we do know several aspects of his device. First, the hydrogen gas saver is fed from a 14-gallon water tank in the trunk.

Second, the hydrogen generator uses 12-electrodes that create hydrogen from water and feed the gas into the car’s intake system. Third, the hydrogen gas saver has a flash resistor as a safety feature in case of backfire. Fourth, there a one-way valve to control the pressure of hydrogen into the intake. Fifth, the system runs on filtered tap water and needs to be periodically cleaned.

Now, hydrogen gas savers are nothing new, but this one aspect may be: divine intervention. Thrasher has stated that the inspiration for optimizing his gasoline boosting system came after a prayer session, which directed him to a specific part in his garage that when applied increased output of the hydrogen six-fold.

While people for years have been wanting to find a way to run a car on water, Larry Thrasher has developed a hybrid method for doing this that involved a little elbow grease, mechanical know how and a little nod from above. At a time when gasoline prices are out-of-control, Thrasher is trying to put a little sanity back into the trip to the corner grocery store.

Larry Thrasher, who operates an automotive shop on Blowing Springs Road five miles west of Hartselle, has developed a hydrogen fuel system that is more than doubling the fuel efficiency of his 1996 Cadillac (from 19 to 53 mpg) and has the potential to replace gasoline as the power source for any combustion engine. The same system enables his wife’s Toyota sedan to get 71 mpg on the interstate.

“I’ve actually cranked the car and run it at idle speed using nothing but the hydrogen contained in water,” Thrasher said. “But it didn’t have the power you need for normal driving conditions. Now I’m concentrating my efforts on weaning the car away from gas a little bit at a time.”

From the outside, Thrasher’s Cadillac looks like any other make and model of its kind. The difference is inside. A 14-gallon water tank is mounted in the trunk and two cylinders are mounted under the hood and behind the grill. One of the cylinders is used to extract hydrogen from water and the other produces a water mist that is used to control engine temperature, since hydrogen burns at a higher temperature than gasoline.

Thrasher said his fuel system uses filtered tap water, has no moving parts and doesn’t leave any pollutants behind. It uses about 1.5 ounces of water every 60 miles.

“It does require the periodic cleaning of the generator,” he said. “That takes about 10 minutes and anyone can do it.”

An ordained Baptist preacher, Thrasher said he started doing research on the internet for his fuel system about 18 months ago and began conducting experiments on his own car last August.

“I reached a point where I needed more hydrogen and I didn’t know which way to turn,” Thrasher said. “I asked the Lord to show me what I needed to do next and he directed my attention to a piece of equipment in the shop that I had overlooked. I hooked it up and got six times more hydrogen than what I was getting before.”

He said he knew immediately he had the answer he was looking for and he and his co-worker Larry Witt ran outside and circled their shop building hooping and hollering.

“People laughed at me when I told them God showed me how to run a car on water,” Thrasher said. “They did the same thing to Noah when he told them why he was building the ark. Now I’m telling them they can save themselves from being downed by the big oil companies by getting on the hydrogen ark I’m building.”

“It takes about three weeks to build and install a fuel system,” Thrasher said. “At that rate we could work the rest of our lives and still not take care of all the motor vehicles in Morgan County.”

When asked about a patent for his fuel system he said he has a lawyer working on that.

“This is huge but I don’t know where it’s going to lead,” he said.“ I would be open to having the system mass-produced so that it would benefit every vehicle owner, but I’m not interesting in the government being involved.”
07-14-2008 05:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Hydrogen fuel in the news again!!
Did God tell him to stiff us with $8,000? Hmm

Sounds like normal stuff, hho and water injection UNTIL you get to the part that creates 6x more hydrogen and the 3 weeks to install it.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-14-2008 07:45 AM
rwhit Offline

Yea that's what I thought to that’s allot of money. He is also charging to talk about it. I wondering what is with the 14 gals. of water in the trunk ? And I'll bet he is not going to tell you his so called secret ingredient.
07-14-2008 07:57 AM
colchiro Offline

I'd be interested in reading about it when his patent is available online.Wink

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-14-2008 08:22 AM
rwhit Offline

I am temped to go listen to him talk and see what he says and ask a few questions???
07-14-2008 08:31 AM
AlexR Offline

rwhit Wrote:I am temped to go listen to him talk and see what he says and ask a few questions???

Sure, why not go? At most you are out $45 bucks and probably learned something.

One thing I would look for is if his system supplements the existing fuel system or replaces part or all of it.

The beauty of all the systems on this forum is that the systems suppplement the existing fuel system so if something fails you can still drive home.

I'd bet for the price he is asking that this system is a bit more than just an add-on.

My 2 cents....

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
07-14-2008 09:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CheezWiz Offline

Since money is the root of all evil I am left wondering if he checked the Caller ID on that prayer session?

Also, he states:
It uses about 1.5 ounces of water every 60 miles

So is that 1.5 ounces of water per hour? Anyone know how to convert that to LPM to get the system output?
07-14-2008 04:36 PM
colchiro Offline

Rwhit, bring back samples.Wink

Rick

07-14-2008 05:52 PM
Gary Offline

I was wondering that myself. Now, don't I seem to recall someone saying in a random post...a gallon of water makes about ...dang, can't remember...I think it was about 80 cu.ft. of HHO or thereabouts. Can't verify that, but that would be, what, 10.66 hours per gallon. that's pretty fast usage IMO. 80 cu.ft. /10.66 = 7.5L If that's right, then, DAYUM!!! The cooler is probably for the unit, not the motor!
07-14-2008 06:58 PM
colchiro Offline

Some of that water is generating hho, the rest is water injection (sucking water mist through engine vacuum).

Rick

07-14-2008 07:12 PM