Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hydrogen surges
Hydro-Cell UK Offline

Hydrogen surges
Hi all

I built a bubbler/water feed for my cell so i just have to top up the resivour/bubbler when i started the system on the bench it works great but i get surges of HHO i cant seem to get a constant flow i am using 10mm hose for bubbler supply and delivery of HHO may be its to big? my cell pulls 7-8 amps
12-14-2009 01:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

RE: Hydrogen surges
(12-14-2009 01:25 PM)Hydro-Cell UK Wrote:  Hi all

I built a bubbler/water feed for my cell so i just have to top up the resivour/bubbler when i started the system on the bench it works great but i get surges of HHO i cant seem to get a constant flow i am using 10mm hose for bubbler supply and delivery of HHO may be its to big? my cell pulls 7-8 amps
I'm assuming you have a reservoir that's higher than your cell with 2 tubes going from the reservoir bubbler to the cell; one at the top of the cell and one at the bottom of the cell. Surges on this type of set up are common. What happens is the HHO has to build up sufficient pressure in the cell to push the electrolyte up the tube so the HHO can escape into the bubbler. Solution: you need to produce more HHO. How? increase amps. How? increase electrolyte concentration, or if you have a PWM increase the duty cycle. The more amps, the more HHO. Make sure you have sufficiently thick wiring to your cell, relay, etc to handle the increased amps.
12-14-2009 08:32 PM
Hydro-Cell UK Offline

RE: Hydrogen surges
(12-14-2009 08:32 PM)thomasbala Wrote:  
(12-14-2009 01:25 PM)Hydro-Cell UK Wrote:  Hi all

I'm assuming you have a reservoir that's higher than your cell with 2 tubes going from the reservoir bubbler to the cell; one at the top of the cell and one at the bottom of the cell. Surges on this type of set up are common. What happens is the HHO has to build up sufficient pressure in the cell to push the electrolyte up the tube so the HHO can escape into the bubbler. Solution: you need to produce more HHO. How? increase amps. How? increase electrolyte concentration, or if you have a PWM increase the duty cycle. The more amps, the more HHO. Make sure you have sufficiently thick wiring to your cell, relay, etc to handle the increased amps.

Many thanks that is whats happening looks like i will have to take her up to 10amps
12-15-2009 02:49 AM