Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hydroreactors LLC
wizeguy Offline

Hydroreactors LLC
Hello to all,

I was looking for any current news about Ray Benefield and Hydroreactors out of Spring,TX. I never recieved my order from they or a refund. If anyone else has been burned now is the time to speak up. I will probably sue them in TX if I can get telephonic proceedings admitted. I need a good physical address for the mfg. facility as well to properly serve them. Any othe affidavits from other disgruntled customers only helps us all so speak up and help stop the scammers.
01-30-2009 03:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Hydroreactors LLC
Did you ask for a refund? I asked for one several months ago (before they we're delivering anything) and got it the next day.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
01-30-2009 04:06 PM
wizeguy Offline

(01-30-2009 04:06 PM)colchiro Wrote:  Did you ask for a refund? I asked for one several months ago (before they we're delivering anything) and got it the next day.

I have asked for refunds repeatedly. They even sent me an order cancelation form to fill out and fax back. The only problem with it was they wanted all my credit card info including the 3-digit pin# and a signature. With all that info. it's a license to commit fraud which they did anyway. I followed the advice of my card company's fraud dept and gave them the acct. # only. That is all they need to refund my money. Asking for anything more is an attempt to defraud. When I spoke with Ray Benefield about a refund he got a bit upset when I suggested they were using my money for the last 4 months for operating capital. He said "$400 bucks is nothing!" to which I replied, "It is if you do it to 500 people Ray." He had no reply and I have no refund.
01-30-2009 07:38 PM
colchiro Offline

Sorry to hear that.

To get a refund from a CC transaction, all they need is a transaction id.

I looked back and my refund was back in August, one of the first ones probably, but I think I used PayPal. I believe Mike still hasn't got one yet.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
01-30-2009 08:03 PM
thomasbala Offline

Wiseguy:

If you are close to Springfield and can find someone to serve a small claims action on the service agent, a member of the LLC, or the manager of the LLC you might get a piece of paper called a judgment. Now, the trick: turn that piece of paper[judgment] into money. Chances are pretty good that any money is long gone or well hidden. It is cost prohibitive to chase the " if come maybe" situation. I know it's unjust, the consumer has no rights, etc., I've been hearing it for 32 years, but the reality is the scammers know their chances of getting caught and paying up are slim and none. I'm sure the great State of Texas has a consumer affairs fraud agency. Years ago I used to run into the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act. there were some big judgments that were never collected. Keep in mind that business runs on trust. If someone is out to lie to you, cheat you and steal from you chances are they will succeed. But, they only succeed for a while; eventually folks catch on. Look at Bernie Madoff; $50B for at least 25 years and even accountants, lawyers, stockbrokers got shammed. It comes down to trust and integrity, like Mike has. You got a problem with one of his EFIEs, he's going to take care of you no matter what. Too bad everyone in HHO isn't like Mike. Try contacting your consumer affaire dept, or some similar name, in TX. They've got the resources, the money and the power of a sovereign, the State of Texas, behind them. If you paid by credit card flip your monthly statement over and see what you have to do to get them to reverse the charge. Usually you have to write to them, at a different address than the payment address; tell them you did not receive the product. I'd send it by certified mail. The CC company will usually send you a letter saying they are looking into it and usually after 30 days there's a credit to your account; sometimes they want you to sign an affidavit to the effect you got cheated. follow their instructions to the letter; make copies; use certified mail. Good Luck. Still contact the TX dept of consumer affairs; they can shut them down.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2009 08:52 PM by thomasbala.)
01-30-2009 08:42 PM
wizeguy Offline

(01-30-2009 08:42 PM)thomasbala Wrote:  
(01-30-2009 03:40 PM)wizeguy Wrote:  
Wiseguy:

If you are close to Springfield and can find someone to serve a small claims action on the service agent, a member of the LLC, or the manager of the LLC you might get a piece of paper called a judgment. Now, the trick: turn that piece of paper[judgment] into money. Chances are pretty good that any money is long gone or well hidden. It is cost prohibitive to chase the " if come maybe" situation. I know it's unjust, the consumer has no rights, etc., I've been hearing it for 32 years, but the reality is the scammers know their chances of getting caught and paying up are slim and none. I'm sure the great State of Texas has a consumer affairs fraud agency. Years ago I used to run into the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act. there were some big judgments that were never collected. Keep in mind that business runs on trust. If someone is out to lie to you, cheat you and steal from you chances are they will succeed. But, they only succeed for a while; eventually folks catch on. Look at Bernie Madoff; $50B for at least 25 years and even accountants, lawyers, stockbrokers got shammed. It comes down to trust and integrity, like Mike has. You got a problem with one of his EFIEs, he's going to take care of you no matter what. Too bad everyone in HHO isn't like Mike. Try contacting your consumer affaire dept, or some similar name, in TX. They've got the resources, the money and the power of a sovereign, the State of Texas, behind them. If you paid by credit card flip your monthly statement over and see what you have to do to get them to reverse the charge. Usually you have to write to them, at a different address than the payment address; tell them you did not receive the product. I'd send it by certified mail. The CC company will usually send you a letter saying they are looking into it and usually after 30 days there's a credit to your account; sometimes they want you to sign an affidavit to the effect you got cheated. follow their instructions to the letter; make copies; use certified mail. Good Luck. Still contact the TX dept of consumer affairs; they can shut them down.

I live in Minesota so going to court over the phone is my only choice. An atty. I spoke to in Spring TX which is where Hydroreactors is happens to be friends with the Justice of the Peace that would preside over the case and he is going to see if he will allow telephonic appearance by me the plaintiff. The trick is to properly serve Ray with papers. That's why I wanted to know if James?JB remembers where they were producing the product. I did a search for Ray and got 10+ different addresses for him and his father as well as Ray's kid and their criminal records...let's just say they are a bit lengthy. I filed a complaint with the BBBof TX and Hydroreactors isn'ta member and they are under no obligation to respond to the complaint. I sent a letter to the TX Atty. General's office as well. They basically said "Thanks for the info. but we can't help ya."

I can't have my cc company help me because it has been more than 60 days since the transaction. Something for everybody to keep in mind.
01-31-2009 07:28 AM
colchiro Offline

(01-31-2009 07:28 AM)wizeguy Wrote:  I can't have my cc company help me because it has been more than 60 days since the transaction. Something for everybody to keep in mind.

Ouch.Shocked

I wasn't aware of that, but makes sense.

Rick

01-31-2009 08:38 AM
mike Offline

I'm out $450 with those guys. I've never gotten any response to get my money back from them.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
02-01-2009 02:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tonyc860 Offline

you should be able to contact your credit card company and file a charge back, if paid by visa or mc, they will credit your card and the banks will battle it out. he will have to provide proof that you received the item you purchased. the other thing you can do is file a complaint with the national internet crime unit, they will file criminal fraud charges against him with the attorney generals office. here is the link http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

I would contact the bank for a charge back first, they will get you a refund.

good luck

Tony
2003 Volvo v70 2.5L turbo
2006 Hyundai Sonata 3.3L v6
2005 F150 4.6 ltr-No longer Thank God!Smile
02-01-2009 05:57 AM
R.P.White Offline
Wallabee

(01-30-2009 04:06 PM)colchiro Wrote:  Did you ask for a refund? I asked for one several months ago (before they we're delivering anything) and got it the next day.

We received the product almost four months after they charged our Visa card. we received no help at first and did not even get the correct manual with the product. Finally I was able to get a hold of R. Benefield and he told me to print off the correct manual from their Internet site. Then when I needed help he finally got back to me and walked me through the installation.
But it did not give us any improvement in our gas mileage. Then Mr. B. told me to install the wires to our car's computer's system, but with no help. I called our Toyota service department to get their help and I was told that if I did this, it would make our computer system go nuts and would nulify our warranty, so I called and e-mailed Mr. B. to ask for a refund. He told me that he would send me the form to receive an RMA number so we could mail the product back to Hydroreactors. We did receive the form, filled it out and mailed to the Hydro. on May 13, 2009.
Well we gave them over a month and no RMA in our hands. After a few calls and e-mails, Mr. B. e-mailed us with a reply that what we needed was sent. Not so.
We called our Visa company and they said we were beyond the days limit for us to get our money back from them, but they did call Hydroreactors about our refund. He was told that this company refused our asking for a return of the product and refund. Not what MR. B. told us.
I just called the Harris county Houston D.A.'s office and they can get our refund, but they are sending me forms to fill out for a complaint.
What do we do next?
I will call our court house and see what we can do about small claims court.
We are in our 70's and this is the first time we have been scammed.
Anybody else been scammed by this company?
Anyone a law expert to help us?
(01-30-2009 07:38 PM)wizeguy Wrote:  

I have asked for refunds repeatedly. They even sent me an order cancelation form to fill out and fax back. The only problem with it was they wanted all my credit card info including the 3-digit pin# and a signature. With all that info. it's a license to commit fraud which they did anyway. I followed the advice of my card company's fraud dept and gave them the acct. # only. That is all they need to refund my money. Asking for anything more is an attempt to defraud. When I spoke with Ray Benefield about a refund he got a bit upset when I suggested they were using my money for the last 4 months for operating capital. He said "$400 bucks is nothing!" to which I replied, "It is if you do it to 500 people Ray." He had no reply and I have no refund.

We are out $600. and have the same problem except we have the worthless product to us, for it does not work on our Toyota Rav 4.
Hydro. will not let us return the product with an RMA number label and they refuse to send us one.
Anyone out there want to purchase this HR1 from us? We will sell it for $450 obo
(01-31-2009 07:28 AM)wizeguy Wrote:  
(01-30-2009 08:42 PM)thomasbala Wrote:  
(01-30-2009 03:40 PM)wizeguy Wrote:  
Wiseguy:

I live in Minesota so going to court over the phone is my only choice. An atty. I spoke to in Spring TX which is where Hydroreactors is happens to be friends with the Justice of the Peace that would preside over the case and he is going to see if he will allow telephonic appearance by me the plaintiff. The trick is to properly serve Ray with papers. That's why I wanted to know if James?JB remembers where they were producing the product. I did a search for Ray and got 10+ different addresses for him and his father as well as Ray's kid and their criminal records...let's just say they are a bit lengthy. I filed a complaint with the BBBof TX and Hydroreactors isn'ta member and they are under no obligation to respond to the complaint. I sent a letter to the TX Atty. General's office as well. They basically said "Thanks for the info. but we can't help ya."

I can't have my cc company help me because it has been more than 60 days since the transaction. Something for everybody to keep in mind.
We are in the same boat as far as our CC company helping us due to the time frames. What can we do next?
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2009 11:36 AM by R.P.White.)
07-29-2009 11:25 AM