Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hyundai Elantra 2002
Pat Offline

Hyundai Elantra 2002
I can't find a manual for this vehicle without paying a fortune. Haynes doesn't do one and Chilton is gold plated. I tried the guy from the other forum that works in a garage, but have not heard back. I have 4 wires on my 02 sensor in front of the engine. No wires or anything in the air channel from the air filter. I believe I have the regular 02 sensors that will work with the EFIE that Mike sells. Does anyone know if this is true before I buy one from Mike? Pat
05-20-2008 11:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Hyundai Elantra 2002
Check out What do I need to know about my o2 sensor? in the documents section.

You should be able to take a voltmeter and check the o2 sensor wires, measuring them to ground and see if you get one that fluctuates between 0 and 1 volt DC and around .5 volts when driving.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-20-2008 03:12 PM
Pat Offline

What will this information tell me? Which type maybe? Pat
05-20-2008 03:38 PM
colchiro Offline

Yes. If you have narrow band (which I described above with the voltmeter), then you should be able to use an EFIE, but you'd want to confirm with Mike first.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-20-2008 04:45 PM
Pat Offline

Thanks. I ordered one from mike already. On a separate issue, is there such a thing as too much HHO? Pat
05-20-2008 06:14 PM
colchiro Offline

Yes, too much hho could increase the electrical load on the engine and the same or less mileage. That's why it's important to keep logs of changes and mileage.

Rick

05-20-2008 06:23 PM
ricjae Offline

Pat: thanks for the contact. I will update you on my 03' Elantra GT attempt with a water4gas (mason jar/baking soda/no EFIE) setup. plenty of bubbles but no noticeable mph change in my first work run (93 miles each way). eRic.
06-08-2008 04:28 PM
Enterpriser1701 Offline

ricjae Wrote:Pat: thanks for the contact. I will update you on my 03' Elantra GT attempt with a water4gas (mason jar/baking soda/no EFIE) setup. plenty of bubbles but no noticeable mph change in my first work run (93 miles each way). eRic.

Any results since your last post? I have an '05 Elantra and looking for something to compare to see if I will get any gains if I install the water-4-gas system. I am stuck on this O2 sensor. I need to know what kind is on my car.
07-10-2008 11:20 AM
ricjae Offline

Enterpriser1701 Wrote:
ricjae Wrote:Pat: thanks for the contact. I will update you on my 03' Elantra GT attempt with a water4gas (mason jar/baking soda/no EFIE) setup. plenty of bubbles but no noticeable mph change in my first work run (93 miles each way). eRic.

Any results since your last post? I have an '05 Elantra and looking for something to compare to see if I will get any gains if I install the water-4-gas system. I am stuck on this O2 sensor. I need to know what kind is on my car.

AS OF ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO I TOOK OUT THE GUTS OF THE SETUP AFTER A TEST PROBLEM: MELTED THE WATER WIRES FROM TOO LOW OF WATER LEVEL AND USING LYE. I WAS GETTING SEEMINGLY GREAT PRODUCTION, BUT I NEED A RETHINK AND ALSO THE O2 SENSOR ISSUE IS A MYSTERY. I HAVE NOT HAD MUCH TIME TO WORK ON THE ISSUE BECAUSE THIS CAR IS MY PRIMARY DRIVER. ANY DAMAGE WILL REALLY HURT, SINCE I USE THE CAR ABOUT 200 MILES A DAY! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND ON THE O2 SENSOR TRICK OUT. THANKS.
07-10-2008 12:07 PM
nismotekk Offline

Hyundais use o2 sensors, Only the newer hyundais using the "world engine" use A/F ratio sensors. Like the new sonata, veracruz, and santa fe. Do you guys with elantras need help?
07-10-2008 12:13 PM