Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I built the map sensor device but have check engine light at about 40 MPH
hhagen_1 Offline

I built the map sensor device but have check engine light at about 40 MPH
So I bought the parts and built the map sensor handler that you guys have the diagram for on here. I installed it and set the voltage to 5V with engine off. It will give me a check engine light between 40 and 45 MPH and will not go off until I shut off the car.
My system is a home made 9 plate with surface area of 25.5 sq. in. per plate running 4 table spoons of baking soda to 3 quarts of distilled water pulling 2 to 4 amps. and making 1/2 to 3/4 of a liter of gas.
the car is a 1992 Saturn SL model with 1.9 liter dual over head cam. I have put new plugs in before the I started testing mileage and did a base line of 26.7 MPG in town.
What am I doing wrong? I know I'm missing something but out of ideas need fresh input on this.

Thanks
10-02-2012 08:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: I built the map sensor device but have check engine light at about 40 MPH
I don't know what's wrong from the data you've given. Which design did you build? The one from Tuning For Mileage, or the one from A Simple MAP/MAF Enhancer? I recommend the latter, and its also the easier one to build.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
10-03-2012 06:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hhagen_1 Offline

RE: I built the map sensor device but have check engine light at about 40 MPH
It was the one on tuning for mileage it is working now with out the check engine light on at forty. Not sure what caused it but it is working good now.

thanks
10-05-2012 07:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply