Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have a honda element 2006 how many efie do i need?
rogeroh33 Offline

I have a honda element 2006 how many efie do i need?
can someone help?
03-04-2008 08:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: I have a honda element 2006 how many efie do i need?
I don't know the answer, myself.

But I recommend you pick up a Haynes manual for your car. It would be a good investment if you're going to make modifications. The Haynes will tell you how many oxygen sensors you have. You need an EFIE for each sensor that is upstream of the catalytic converter.

Note, be sure that your sensors are not called "Air/Fuel Ratio" sensors. These are actually wideband oxygen sensors, and the EFIE is not currently known to work on these (although some tests are under way on this).

One last resource you might try is to order your electrical diagrams from ahdol.com. You look up your cars make/model/year and they will send you the wiring diagram for a nominal fee. In the wiring diagram you will see your oxygen sensor(s), and your question can be answered that way as well. You will also find out the wire color for the signal wire of your sensor(s) too.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-04-2008 10:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bparkinson Offline

mike Wrote:I don't know the answer, myself.

But I recommend you pick up a Haynes manual for your car. It would be a good investment if you're going to make modifications. The Haynes will tell you how many oxygen sensors you have. You need an EFIE for each sensor that is upstream of the catalytic converter.

Note, be sure that your sensors are not called "Air/Fuel Ratio" sensors. These are actually wideband oxygen sensors, and the EFIE is not currently known to work on these (although some tests are under way on this).

One last resource you might try is to order your electrical diagrams from ahdol.com. You look up your cars make/model/year and they will send you the wiring diagram for a nominal fee. In the wiring diagram you will see your oxygen sensor(s), and your question can be answered that way as well. You will also find out the wire color for the signal wire of your sensor(s) too.
FYI... I have a 2008 4 cyl 2.4L all wheel drive 5 speed automatic iVTECH Honda CRV that I am working on... did some research already... the CRV which may be the same driveline as the element. CRV has two AFR four wire sensors... On is ahead of the CAT the other is actually mounted in the middle of the CAT... in the city Colorado at about 6,000 FT....I have been getting about 21.8 MPG.. never can get anything higher than that....

I purchased one of those turbo air inserts on ebay a few months ago from Grill-Tech. Stainless steel deal.. had in the drawer for five months after I read these were a scam/hox and did not work... I decided for grins to install it.. mileage went to 23.2! took it back off for a couple weeks and went back to 21.8... probably is a hox on most cars but it works on the new CRV... Next I have installed an O2 extender only on the front O2 sensor... will track mileage and post... I have a HHO kit on order which will be intalled later.. taking one step at a time and documenting results... hope this helps...
05-16-2008 10:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

Absolutely. This is good info. Thanks.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-17-2008 02:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply