Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm Back
comrevkr Offline

Cool I'm Back
Well guys I'm back. Been kicking around some ideas and been reading most of yours. Pulled my system for the winter '09 and had surgery and was out of commission for a while, but I am back and stronger than ever. Took my old system off the shelf where it sat for over a year and took it apart to clean. Had left over naoh dried in it. But it looked great. End caps still need to redesigned and a better material. I need to find 3doz 3.5in x .125dia Orings. Prefer to find local but will go back to the ones I made. Was putting out 1L/min at 15a before, but only a 2 to 3 mpg increase. Going extreme this time. Need a good mix for cold to prevent freezing and handle 15amps. Who has a good design for a flashback filter and a good scrubber. Bought another truck so this one I can play with. 400k and still going. Gas prices are still rising and money is getting short. Time to reverse this. Give me your input and I am loading camera with pics to share.Cool

Cool
1994 Mazda B3000 3.0L V-6
400k+ miles and still going strongBig Grin
04-17-2011 03:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
comrevkr Offline

Rolleyes RE: I'm Back
Well I been out in the shop working a bit, had to work today. I would like to know who would like a way to increase your horsepower and mpg's at the same time without hho, but could also help burn hho and fuel more efficently and with less emmissions. I have not seen this on any forums and I think it would be a great add on to our systems. Remember I am a gearhead and have been for almost 40yrs. I work in an auto parts and everyone who has read this forum or any other forums has come handled something that I have had my hand in making. I know at least one part in the item has my fingerprints on it. And you could never guess what it is but have had it in their hands today. Interesting Huh? I feel sometimes that I have actually shaken your hand at one time or another. Anyway, MSD, Accel and Crane cams and other performance companys have what is called an ignition controller or Spark box. What this does is take the 12v in and sends approx 500v out to your coil and also makes the plugs fire up to 12 times instead of once per cycle. They also have them for cars that have no distributor. Guys into horsepower know this and are more than happy to share their knowledge. On a plain car with a v8, and lets say he gets roughly 12mpg. He gets a spark box installed and keeps check and notices he is getting 16mpg and some extra pickup to boot. What would happen if we were to apply this to our hho systems. Supper time, catch you guys later. By the way I got one and I hope to have this upgrade in soon.Cool

Cool
04-17-2011 02:41 PM
comrevkr Offline

RE: I'm Back
I got the system assembled back together again and got an arresstor built. Got to build a new bubbler today. Then I got put the system together for bench testing and leak testing. Should be up and running soon. Will have pics on next post.

Cool
04-23-2011 07:51 AM
comrevkr Offline

Cool RE: I'm Back
All right, I got the system on the bench and used 3 tbsp of NaoH to one gal of rain water. Well water got too many minerals. Cell setup is -nnnn+nnnn+nnnn- with bubbler holding a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water and flash arresstor. pulling almost 7amps with battery charger wide open. Going to drain system and increase to 8 tbsp to gal of water. Pics later when I figure out how to upload them to this site.Shy

Cool
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2011 12:32 PM by comrevkr.)
04-24-2011 12:31 PM
MtnGoatXJ Offline

By chance, do you have a rough estimate of the total surface area of your generator?

My first unit was under 100 sq/in and was not capable of producing 1L/min
The second measured at 300 sq/in and produced 1.5L/min

Either unit was capable of producing 2L/min of H2. Which of course is the "magic" number for a 4.0L engine. I'm waiting delivery of a generator that will have a claimed output of 4-5L/min (1000sq/in) This should allow me to turn up/down the production for optimizing fuel efficiency.

Steve
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2011 10:04 PM by MtnGoatXJ.)
04-24-2011 10:04 PM
comrevkr Offline

(04-24-2011 10:04 PM)MtnGoatXJ Wrote:  By chance, do you have a rough estimate of the total surface area of your generator?

My first unit was under 100 sq/in and was not capable of producing 1L/min
The second measured at 300 sq/in and produced 1.5L/min

Either unit was capable of producing 2L/min of H2. Which of course is the "magic" number for a 4.0L engine. I'm waiting delivery of a generator that will have a claimed output of 4-5L/min (1000sq/in) This should allow me to turn up/down the production for optimizing fuel efficiency.

Steve
:cool:Each plate has a working area of about 3.5 in dia. I took the mix up to 14 tbsp of naoh to 1 gal of water. Pulled about 12 amps. Now for power I use a lawn tractor battery and a 50amp charger. (10a charge and 50a boost). I used it at the boost mode but my bench resavoir couldn't handle it and sprang leak. So took it down and added my sight gauges to keep eye on levels and will retest later this week. Still need to get efie though. Got two o2 sensors to deal with. Been trying to upload pics and the next test I might video it. Finally. Here is a pic of my plate and my cell.
[img][Image: DSC00269.jpg][/img]
[img][Image: DSC00268.jpg][/img]

Cool
04-25-2011 03:45 AM
comrevkr Offline

Cool Well just re-did my cell. Stretched it out to 25 plates.
[-nnnnn+nnnnn-nnnnn+nnnnn-] should give me 240 sq in, unless you figure both sides of the plate then 480 sq in. Going to let it sit for a couple of days and let the seals settle. then this weekend we will see if it leaks and how many amps it will draw this time. My truck will put a whole lot more juice to it than my lawntractor battery. That will come after the efie is finished. Crazy lots to do before the install and road test. Cool

Cool
04-26-2011 04:59 PM
comrevkr Offline

Shocked Flashback arrester didn't work. Blew the lid right off my Reservoir, busted overhead light, don't know where the center of the lid went, and my ears still ringing. Cleaned up the mess, but can't fiqure out how it got pass the bubbler. Hmm Have to build a new reservoir and rethink bubbler an go to Tractor supply and find an arrestor for a gas welder. Gasp That was a lot of work to go boom. My arrestor design no good. Mad Well got too much to do this weekend. Clutch went out in truck so I need to fix that first. Sad Any ideas and suggestions I am waiting for your input. When ever you guys can quit laughing. Laugh It was funny. Boom and duh what happened? Oh well back to the bench. Confused

Cool
04-28-2011 05:22 PM
comrevkr Offline

Shy Well i found the problem. The bubbler had a internal leak which let the flash go by. Fixed it. Well the truck is in shop and clutch good but the tranny shot. When you got big chips coming out something broke on inside. Hope my backup is still good. Not ready to install unit in s10 yet. to many variables there. Three o2 sensors there to deal with. So I fix the mazda. I ordered a fba on ebay today and will redo system after truck is fixed. s10 with 4.3 still gets 22mpg or better if I keep my foot out of it. They call it Grandpa's hot rod. will update later. going to try something different for eletrolyte and if it works like I think it might I'll let every one in on it. we'll see. back to the shop. Big Grin

Cool
04-29-2011 05:02 PM
comrevkr Offline

Cool Well I got the system rebuilt. The lid was the only damage. Gas diffuser on the other hand has been the challenge. Got her done anyway. waiting on shipment of flash arrestor and system will be ready for further testing to achieve the output I be looking for. Truck is still up on jacks and exhaust almost done. Backup tranny in place and was that a chore! Crazy Got her in there. Once bottom side done then she gets dropped down and new air system or modified cold air intake designed and built. Can't buy aftermarket for my truck, so you design and build. More fun that way besides. Hope to be back on the road soon. Rather be playing golf, but gas hit $4/ gal and there goes my golf budget. Tongue Anyway soon as this is all done then super cell will be built and tested. already made plates need a really sturdy end plate design and material. That will be another thread for another day. Cool

Cool
05-05-2011 01:02 AM