Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm confused with my cell
hhagen_1 Offline

Question I'm confused with my cell
So today had a little time to do a retest of my home made 7 plate cell. I took 32 oz. of distilled water and added 2 table spoons of sodium hydroxide tested no flow. I then added 2 more table spoons to the mix still had very little flow and only drawing 4 amps. I started the truck and it was like night and day amps went to 12 and was flowing 1.5 to 2.5 LPM with my ball gauge. My question is why did the flow jump so much with truck running as compared to not running. My thought is that the battery needs the jump amps from the alternator to juice the cell. If anyone has thought on this let me know bwwn a mechanic most of my life and this one baffled me.
05-04-2013 07:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: I'm confused with my cell
What you're experiencing is the change in voltage when the engine is running. The alternator boosts up the voltage of the system by about 2 volts or more so the batteries will charge. Just look at the voltage on your battery when the engine is stopped and then after it is running and you'll see what I mean.

That small change in voltage makes a huge change in amperage. You have to prepare your system so it will run correctly with the engine running. It will make almost no HHO when the engine is stopped. (although it shouldn't be connected when the engine is stopped).

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-09-2013 02:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hhagen_1 Offline

Thanks Mike I figured it was that had a brain fart when I posted this one just like the one I posted about where the water went in my bubbler. I some times over think things lol.
05-09-2013 07:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

No problem. I remember going through the same thing during my early testing on HHO systems.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-10-2013 05:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply