Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
'I'm forever blowing bubbles'
benny Offline

'I'm forever blowing bubbles'
As the old song says.. . . .

Need a simple design/method to build an inexpensive bubbler?
One that makes lots and lots of small bubbles?

No need to search for hard to find state of the art diffusers. Not when you can do a simple DIY job like this.

File updated. See post below.

Easy to build? Easy to use?

So simple even Zipstor could make one (well maybe with a little assistance)?

(Before you ask, Zipstor, it makes the type of bubbles you prefer. 'Specially shaped round bubbles. as used in aquariums')Tongue
Where did you find that piece of scientific gobbledygook?

Judge for yourselves, peoples.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2009 12:00 PM by benny.)
03-09-2009 10:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zipstor Offline

RE: 'I'm forever blowing bubbles'
Thank you uncle Benny!!!

>> http://brownsgas.com
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2009 11:29 PM by Zipstor.)
03-09-2009 11:27 PM
benny Offline

File updated. Soundtrack added.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhpI2z-0m2Q
03-13-2009 12:00 PM
thomasbala Offline

(03-13-2009 12:00 PM)benny Wrote:  File updated. Soundtrack added.

Benny:
Looks like you've got some really serious production there; what are your cell specs? As far as the bubbler goes what do you do, if anything, to prevent that minute bit of NaOH solution from going into the engine when the bubbles burst?
03-13-2009 11:01 PM
benny Offline

(03-13-2009 11:01 PM)thomasbala Wrote:  
(03-13-2009 12:00 PM)benny Wrote:  File updated. Soundtrack added.

Benny:
Looks like you've got some really serious production there; what are your cell specs? As far as the bubbler goes what do you do, if anything, to prevent that minute bit of NaOH solution from going into the engine when the bubbles burst?

No idea what the HHO production rate is at present. I'll get round to that eventually. Been playing around with the main reservoir/bubbler unit I use on the bench testing, trying different pipe configurations in connecting to generator to see what difference, if any, this makes.

The generator is a single ended unit, (Ran out of SS plate)
5N1
plate size 10*7", with ~ 8*5" exposed to electrolyte, 1" broad gasket, 3mm plate spacing.
Each plate has a single 1/4" hole, near the bottom of the plate, for fluid level equalizing.
Electrolyte, NAOH, is set for a strength that lets the cell draw about 16A cold, with no PWM in-line. This is then controlled using half of the PWM unit I described elsewhere.
Generator is self-aspirated.
System hold about 2 liters of electrolyte in total, including the primary bubbler/reservoir
SS plate is crap quality, tends to oxidize badly, but will do for testing for now..

I doubt whether the quantity of electrolyte passing to the engine from vapour from the generator will have the slightest detrimental effect on an engine.
That said, the secondary bubbler, the one in this video, is filled with water. As suggested by others, might be an idea to use dilute vinegar solution in this bubbler to neutralize any NAOH present.

Also, on the bench, in line prior to the secondary bubbler, I have a fluid trap fitted, (the dark container behind the secondary bubbler), which should hopefully stop or reduce the volume of any NAOH/electrolyte reaching the secondary bubbler in the first place, other than as steam/vapour.
No electrolyte, in the form of bubbles, or foam, is transferred to, or passed through, the secondary bubbler, although it may be present in any vapour in the HHO gas.

Even so, bubble streams in the secondary bubbler should, in theory, help scrub the gas, hopefully removing any residual NAOH from the gas.
Any electrolyte that gets past this complete system should be of such minute quantity that it should not affect the engine in any way.

On a more technical note, I strongly suspect that the playing of the music on the updated video helps in HHO production. Works for cows giving milk (different music) so I don't see why it shouldn't work for HHO generators giving HHO.
Might need to try different songs/music to see what gives highest output. Possibly new line of research.
Big Grin

And, if you believe that last part about the effects of the 'Sound of Music' on HHO production, you could be on the wrong forum, or the wrong planet

Crazy
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2009 03:17 AM by benny.)
03-14-2009 01:54 AM