Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm not sure I am convinced... (HHO)
1=2 Offline

I'm not sure I am convinced... (HHO)
Hey there,

Brand new to the forum. I know getting high MPG is not a fictional thing, I've done it before with my motorcycle. I posted on another MPG forum, but it seems that no one even goes there, so I came here.

I am a college student who stumbled upon the world of high mpg numbers purely by accident. I was riding my motorcycle when it stalled and wouldn't start for sometime. I rode it home, propped it up and rebuilt the carburettor. However, in my first attempt at rebuilding a motorcycle carb, I plugged the hoses in wrong and stuck the ventilation hose from the top of the tank to the intake port of the carburettor, allowing the engine to only suck in gas vapors from the top. However, since my engine was positioned right next to the fuel tank, it always managed to heat it up well to maintain the flow of vapor to the engine, allowing my mileage to jump to 297 mpg from 66. That is what introduced me into the world of high mileage and I would like to further my research here on this forum.

However, now, I have been doing a considerable amount of research on other systems such as HHO, and the EFIE. I am more prone to believing that the EFIE works, but so far, I have only seen one thread that shows any positive results with HHO. Everyone who seems to post in the "Results" thread, never seems to actually get results. So, I believe the concept is good, but, let's say, I am not convinced that it actually works. I've seen lots of complaints that it doesn't seem to work, and lots of suggestions, that don't seem to actually fix the problem.

I am not saying that it doesn't work, I'm saying that I haven't seen much in terms of positive results, so it's hard to believe. But, I am here not to bash but to learn. I want better MPG just like anyone else. I am open to see if anyone is getting good results, and with what vehicle. You're results might affect my next purchase of a car.

I'll be visiting frequently. See you all around.

KJ

P.S. If anyone is in the western states area, I'd like to know.
01-19-2009 11:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ozeegeorge
Unregistered

RE: I'm not sure I am convinced... (HHO)
Hi doubting Thomas
I am also new to the world of HHO, but after reading hundreds of online forum responses, the weight of evidence is just to great. Do your research and make sure you plug into a supplier that has a technical help line and you will be ok.
Regards
ozeegeorge
01-19-2009 02:01 PM
Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

(01-19-2009 11:54 AM)1=2 Wrote:  Hey there,

Brand new to the forum. I know getting high MPG is not a fictional thing, I've done it before with my motorcycle. I posted on another MPG forum, but it seems that no one even goes there, so I came here.

I am a college student who stumbled upon the world of high mpg numbers purely by accident. I was riding my motorcycle when it stalled and wouldn't start for sometime. I rode it home, propped it up and rebuilt the carburettor. However, in my first attempt at rebuilding a motorcycle carb, I plugged the hoses in wrong and stuck the ventilation hose from the top of the tank to the intake port of the carburettor, allowing the engine to only suck in gas vapors from the top. However, since my engine was positioned right next to the fuel tank, it always managed to heat it up well to maintain the flow of vapor to the engine, allowing my mileage to jump to 297 mpg from 66. That is what introduced me into the world of high mileage and I would like to further my research here on this forum.

However, now, I have been doing a considerable amount of research on other systems such as HHO, and the EFIE. I am more prone to believing that the EFIE works, but so far, I have only seen one thread that shows any positive results with HHO. Everyone who seems to post in the "Results" thread, never seems to actually get results. So, I believe the concept is good, but, let's say, I am not convinced that it actually works. I've seen lots of complaints that it doesn't seem to work, and lots of suggestions, that don't seem to actually fix the problem.

I am not saying that it doesn't work, I'm saying that I haven't seen much in terms of positive results, so it's hard to believe. But, I am here not to bash but to learn. I want better MPG just like anyone else. I am open to see if anyone is getting good results, and with what vehicle. You're results might affect my next purchase of a car.

I'll be visiting frequently. See you all around.

KJ

P.S. If anyone is in the western states area, I'd like to know.

1=2:
As you know as a student there are those that teach and those that do. Once in awhile a doer retires to teaching; cherish them when you get them. As you may have noticed this forum is not a "newbee" place; although every member here will bend over backwards to help "Newbees", especially the owner, Mike and the moderators. There's nothing like learning by doing; go spend about $200.00 for a dry cell and an EFIE and try HHO. You'll learn more than you ever thought you could learn, and, you might surprise yourself with an mpg gain. We've got to keep "Happy Motoring" alive in the U.S. Only way I see is to beat big oil, OPEC, Wall Street speculators. BTW do you know who is the largest oil company in the world? No, It's not XOM, it's MS [that's Morgan Stanley, the investment bank]. Try it and come back with your problems, results, discoveries, etc. It's "open source". Good Luck.
01-19-2009 04:01 PM
1=2 Offline

Forgive me if I stand as a challenger, I just have been less likely to believe anything I hear/read on the internet because I got bitten by an online scam recently which had 6 credible sources backing it up. So, even though I have read some convincing reviews and tests done with HHO, (and the Ford Probe thread under "results"), I want to prove it to myself. I am disbeliever until proven wrong kind of person by nature. But don't get me wrong, I sure want to beat those oil companies down, I've been dying to do so since I was 13.

Anyway, I just sold my Chrysler a couple of days ago and am looking for another car, preferably a truck and was looking towards the F150 side. But, I found a lot of guys trying a bunch of suggestions that just didn't seem to work. So, I got wary.

However, I am beginning to build up a grocery list of stuff I am planning on purchasing in the way of HHO items. I'll be surfing the threads and asking more questions. I appreciate it, and I do in my very most heartfelt manner, support your cause. I hope to add some knowledge here once I get going.
01-19-2009 06:06 PM
thomasbala Offline

(01-19-2009 06:06 PM)1=2 Wrote:  Forgive me if I stand as a challenger, I just have been less likely to believe anything I hear/read on the internet because I got bitten by an online scam recently which had 6 credible sources backing it up. So, even though I have read some convincing reviews and tests done with HHO, (and the Ford Probe thread under "results"), I want to prove it to myself. I am disbeliever until proven wrong kind of person by nature. But don't get me wrong, I sure want to beat those oil companies down, I've been dying to do so since I was 13.

Anyway, I just sold my Chrysler a couple of days ago and am looking for another car, preferably a truck and was looking towards the F150 side. But, I found a lot of guys trying a bunch of suggestions that just didn't seem to work. So, I got wary.

However, I am beginning to build up a grocery list of stuff I am planning on purchasing in the way of HHO items. I'll be surfing the threads and asking more questions. I appreciate it, and I do in my very most heartfelt manner, support your cause. I hope to add some knowledge here once I get going.

I agree with you 100%. My mother correctly named me; the [Doubting] in Thomas is silent, kind of like an idiom or dipthong. Quite frankly I was too smart to believe HHO could work. I immediately thought of "over unity" and how much HHO it would take to run just a one liter engine. Then the "catalyst" theory began to make sense. I have an explosives background and the simplest of household cleaners can become high[not low; if you know the difference; doesn't matter anyway] explosives with the right catalyst. That's HHO. Glad to have you aboard. Progress is impossible without questions of disbelief.
01-19-2009 07:08 PM
ozeegeorge
Unregistered

Doubt Thomas
Are you able to relate the relationship between doubt of HHO and Zen Budism when referenced to the art of motorcycle maintenance.
Just as a side note you guys need to watch the latest Ozee program to hit TV and cable.
The Chasers War on Everything. It takes a satirical look at the world as we know it in a truely Ozee way.
Ozeegeorge
01-20-2009 05:45 PM
Quote this message in a reply
benny Offline

(01-19-2009 06:06 PM)1=2 Wrote:  Forgive me if I stand as a challenger, I just have been less likely to believe anything I hear/read on the internet because I got bitten by an online scam recently which had 6 credible sources backing it up. So, even though I have read some convincing reviews and tests done with HHO, (and the Ford Probe thread under "results"), I want to prove it to myself. I am disbeliever until proven wrong kind of person by nature. But don't get me wrong, I sure want to beat those oil companies down, I've been dying to do so since I was 13.

Don't be afraid to try that little bit something different from the rest of us. You just might be the one to find the solution to what most of us are doing wrong.
01-23-2009 11:09 AM
mike Offline

(01-20-2009 05:45 PM)ozeegeorge Wrote:  Doubt Thomas
Are you able to relate the relationship between doubt of HHO and Zen Budism when referenced to the art of motorcycle maintenance.
Just as a side note you guys need to watch the latest Ozee program to hit TV and cable.
The Chasers War on Everything. It takes a satirical look at the world as we know it in a truely Ozee way.
Ozeegeorge

Hi Ozeegeorge,

I don't know how else to reach you with this - its off topic to this thread. But your email in your profile is incorrect. So you don't receive your notifications when people answer your threads (or if you receive private messages). Also it will need to be fixed if you ever need to reset your password. The reason I know, is that your notification emails keep bouncing back to the administrator (which would be me). Smile

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-25-2011 08:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
victor rock Offline

If you are not convinced then why are you trying to post a long long thread like this. I think there will be something clear in your mind

used honda cars
07-04-2011 03:55 AM