Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need advice whether to install hho or not.
hhotiom Offline

I need advice whether to install hho or not.
So I just got off the phone with a man that seemed to know what he was talking about. He made me pretty skeptical whether to install HHO in my car.

If someone can prove this guy is wrong from personal experience or just help me realize that it is not a bad idea to install hho into my car that would be great.

So here it goes:

I have been building a dry cell for my car I use everyday to get from point a to point b. I highly depend on it.

Here is where i am uneasy:

He told me that hho in your car is very unsafe, and extremely dangerous. Even with a flashback arrestor and a blow off cap. In event of a flashback, where does it go? if you have a blow off cap it will explode under your hood, which will damage engine components and your hood?

hydrogen is very explosive, burns alot hotter then gasoline, in that case will it not destroy your spark plugs and your pistons and any other internal engine components.

He told me to STAY AWAY FROM EFIE'S or any other electronics that manipulate your ecu. I understand how they work and all. But what about at high rpms or when you are at a higher speed, will it not be running to lean when you increase your speed and rpm since you have it set to a certain value?, it cannot adjust itself when your rpm is higher, so doesnt that mean you will be running your car too lean lets say when you are on the freeway or going above 30 mph? in that case damaging your car?

These are the main topics that he talked about that really concerned me. I would really appreciate some information because i know there are many people out there that don't believe in this stuff. The only reason I have a reason to believe him is because he does build hydrogen components, he designs various bubblers, pwm's, cells and such but he himself does not run HHO in his car because of the dangers he presented to me.

ANY input and information is highly appreciated.

Thanks alot!
02-12-2009 10:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: I need advice whether to install hho or not.
At high-speed or high-rpm, your engine goes into "open-loop" and the oxygen sensor is ignored, essentially taking the efie out of the circuit.

There was one documented case here of a cell running with the engine off for over an hour and hho built up in the engine, causing damage to the engine and hood when the user started it. Had the cell been wired to shut off with the engine (like we always recommend), it would have been avoided.

There are several cases of cells blowing up when their cell shorted out usually due to substandard materials, like SS wire being used.

Gasoline is probably more dangerous than hydrogen since it doesn't dissipate as easily.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
02-12-2009 02:57 PM
Alttech Offline

So the guy that is talking you out of the system actually makes them for other people? (or other purposes) Interesting.
Sounds like he may be producing a lot more lpm than what you need for your vehicle.
Yes, HHO is dangerous. You have to install it properly. Read through this forum, you will get a lot of information on the right and wrong ways to do it.
If the cell is installed properly, it is far less dangerous than than the full tank of gas you are carrying around. I recommend injecting the HHO in the air box. If you get a flashback (and the only way to ignite the gas would be a backfire) and it travels through the intake, back through the air filter, and into your cell, at the same time your engine is at least idling, you have bigger things to worry about. Do some research on how much air flows through your intake, even at an idle. Compare it to the amount of HHO you introduce into the system. I have only heard of one instance where the person had the cell improperly wired and blew the plastic intake off the engine. The cell was wired to the key on position, and he sat listening to the radio for quite some time. Needless to say, the cell was pumping HHO into the intake the entire time. He then attempted to start the car, and the gasses ignited.
I only wire up the cell relay to the fuel pump relay, and verify that it functions correctly. Some wire it to the oil pressure switch, or coil driver. Whatever you chose, ensure the the cell doesn't get power until the engine is running.

As far as EFIE's, ask your friend what happens in every vehicle when you put the accelerator to the floor and hold it there. The factory ECU is programmed under certain circumstances to go into open loop. In open loop the ECU refers to lookup tables that are programmed at the factory, and ignores the O2 sensors (among other things). Do some research on the EFIE. It only adds millivolts to the signal that the O2 is sending out. The O2 is still switching. Can you go too far with the EFIE? Yes you can, but chances are the other sensors will override and dump in more fuel to compensate.
IMHO, we aren't going far enough with our settings. I can get between 10 and 20% more mileage in your car without adding HHO and still not risk meltdown.

I recommend you doing a lot more research before installing the cell. Or get someone with some experience to help you. We're all gaining a lot of knowledge every day. Tapping into this knowledge will save you a lot of headaches.
A properly installed and tuned system is safe, reliable, and assists in a more complete combustion saving you gas and releasing less toxins into the atmosphere.
02-12-2009 07:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

[quote='hhotiom' pid='27373' dateline='1234462253']
Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. No risk, no reward. You can't win the lottery unless you buy a ticket. You'll never know she might have said yes unless you ask her. If I knew it couldn't be done I never would have tried and succeeded. There are a million reasons why you shouldn't use HHO, but what if it works for you?
02-12-2009 11:25 PM
DodgeViper Offline

The generator should be wired using a solenoid and also using an oil pressure switch. No oil pressure NO HHO gas being made. This guarantees that the engine has to be running in order for the pressure switch to close and allow HHO production. This along with a saran wrap pop-off plug in the cap will pay in the long run. Furthermore you want to keep the electrolytes in the bubbler as high as you can possibly have them, this will eliminate a large build-up of HHO gases in the bubbler. I learn the hard way today. I had lowered the electrolyte level while trying my HHO torch. With the build-up of HHO gas being at a higher level in the bubbler and trying to extinguish the flame by submerging the flame in water I received a flashback in the torch that split my bubbler and blow the saran wrap blow plug. Prior to this I had extinguish the torch two other times using this method, but the electrolyte level was much higher and less HHO gas in the bubbler. Also the torch tip was to small for the amount of HHO that I was producting.

[Image: 55.jpg]

[Image: Hydrogen%20Powered.jpg]
2002 Dodge Quad Cab 4x4 Ram
4.7L EFI
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2009 11:31 AM by DodgeViper.)
02-13-2009 06:23 PM