Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want a bubbler...
uj2 Offline

Question I want a bubbler...
...I need a bubbler, I feel safer with a bubbler but I don't have room for a bubbler. So there I am staring at the engine compartment and wondered, since it is in an ideal position height-wise, would I be able to use my windshield washer bottle and its fluid as a bubbler???
05-29-2008 05:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pat Offline

RE: I want a bubbler...
You need to get rid of the wiper solution and fill it with your gas solution. It makes an excellent bubbler. You can re-route the wind shield spray to feed back into your generator and now you have an automatic fill system when you turn on the wiper spray. Pat
05-29-2008 06:30 PM
CitatioN10 Offline

Pat Wrote:You need to get rid of the wiper solution and fill it with your gas solution. It makes an excellent bubbler. You can re-route the wind shield spray to feed back into your generator and now you have an automatic fill system when you turn on the wiper spray. Pat

On a automatic fill system how do you add more KOH , baking soda so on ?
05-29-2008 06:32 PM
Pat Offline

You just poor it in once a week or so; just pop the hood and look. Beats opening up the generator if it is not a clear unit. Pat
05-29-2008 06:39 PM
colchiro Offline

My bubbler water always get contaminated with koh. Now, if you have the same situation, you have koh in your washer solution and when you spray your windshield, get koh sprayed on the paint behind the windshield and the hood. Hmm Doesn't work for me.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-30-2008 03:10 PM
qsiguy Offline

The additive stays in the generator, you just add water. The chemicals do not leave the container with the gas. This is one reason you often get an increase in amperage when the water level gets lower, depending on the design of your generator. The only time you should have to add KOH, or whatever you are using, is when you clean out the unit.

Unless you want to dedicate your washer tank/pump to bubbler use, I don't recommend using it.

[Image: LogoSM.jpg]
http://www.mpgsolutions.org
Authorized Scangauge II dealer
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2008 03:45 PM by qsiguy.)
05-30-2008 03:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pat Offline

You obviously have to re-route your wiper line to the bubbler or generator! Pat
05-30-2008 04:17 PM
colchiro Offline

I suspect a bump or quick maneuver causes some liquid to escape into my bubbler, contaminating it.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
06-01-2008 12:29 PM
CitatioN10 Offline

http://www.easy2hho.com/index.php?_a=vie...oductId=12
06-15-2008 07:48 PM
qsiguy Offline

I'm sure their bubbler is fine assuming you just want to save yourself the hassle of making it. $40 for $10 worth of parts is ok if you figure in the time to build. Their HHO generators are a joke, particularly the fact they are claiming 4-6 LPM for the "series 5" model. I could be wrong but I seriously doubt that thing makes more than 1-2 LPM if you apply 20 amps (which would make it inefficient anyway) and that's being generous...

[Image: LogoSM.jpg]
http://www.mpgsolutions.org
Authorized Scangauge II dealer
06-16-2008 04:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply