Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IAT&CHT Grand Marq
PKHAILRAISER Offline

IAT&CHT Grand Marq
I installed resistor on the IAT and the CHT my scanner was noticing the change.Took for test drive and the CHT was at .74 at start of trip and the IAT was the same. On the test drive I noticed the CHT had gone to 3.90 Volts the IAT stay close to .69-.74. When I got home I tried to check connections on the resistor and no problem found. Replaced the resistor and only a slight change to 3.60.Ithen took the resistor of and it went to 3.90.No check engine light and ran fine.Let car sit for a while put on new resistor and went to 3.60.Stayed in closed loop.Anyone had this problem.
11-02-2008 07:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: IAT&CHT Grand Marq
I have a Scangauge II which measures the temps reported by the sensor. I noted the temps, soldered on a 10k resistor on each and checked the temps again and saw about 10 deg F higher on each on my Toyota. Couldn't be easier.

What's the problem? (and which sensor, coolant?)

What resistor value did you use the first time?

Second time?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-02-2008 07:59 PM
PKHAILRAISER Offline

CHT was The sensor.Used 3.9 ohms. Both times.
11-02-2008 09:48 PM
PKHAILRAISER Offline

Shy RE: IAT&CHT Grand Marq
Found problem.Stripped the wire back more wasn't making good contact on both wires. I will soder after I make sure it is the resistor that I want to use.Thanks For your input.
11-03-2008 04:06 PM
colchiro Offline

Was that a 3.9k resistor?

Ok, glad you got it resolved.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-03-2008 06:07 PM
PKHAILRAISER Offline

colchiro Wrote:Was that a 3.9k resistor?

Ok, glad you got it resolved.

Yes it was. I am getting my second booster ready to hook up tomorrow.And then the EFIE
11-04-2008 05:04 PM
colchiro Offline

Ok.

Rick

11-04-2008 05:16 PM
crazeehorse Offline

I would like to install a resistor on my 2008 Sonata 4 cyl. It is screwed into the block with a covered wire coming out. Any suggestions on how to to this?
TIA...skip

2008 Hyundai Sonata
4 cylinder; Automatic Trans
ZeroFossilFuel cell clone
11-05-2008 03:47 PM
colchiro Offline

Hi Skip. That sounds like the CTS (coolant temp) sensor. Mine had a black plastic wrap over the wire, which is easy to pull the wire out, strip a little insulation off two wires and solder a resistor to each and put it back in the sheath. If you don't have that covering your wire, see if Radio Shack has some to match what's used on your vehicle. Worst case, you could wrap it with electrical tape, being careful not to get the last inch dirty so it might just stick for a few years.

There are details on sensor in my Tuning for Mileage link.

Rick

11-05-2008 07:35 PM
PKHAILRAISER Offline

colchiro Wrote:Hi Skip. That sounds like the CTS (coolant temp) sensor. Mine had a black plastic wrap over the wire, which is easy to pull the wire out, strip a little insulation off two wires and solder a resistor to each and put it back in the sheath. If you don't have that covering your wire, see if Radio Shack has some to match what's used on your vehicle. Worst case, you could wrap it with electrical tape, being careful not to get the last inch dirty so it might just stick for a few years.

There are details on sensor in my Tuning for Mileage link.

Back to the Grand Marq. Don't want to confuse anyone. I installed the second smackbooster and a resistor on the ground for the map.Installed my effie an set to 200 to begin. After driving about 30 miles I started to adjust higher to about 250.While i did this I monitored the o2 with snap on scanner. The o2 went to 300 to 1200 and change like it should. The car runs fine but not improving on the mpg.The sftrim is showing -7 to -10 .The injection pulse is not changing to a slower pulse. With or without the efie.any advice?
11-11-2008 12:31 PM