Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IAT CTS Tuning
timruger1 Offline

IAT CTS Tuning
To date I have had no success with my hho system and would like to attempt to tune via the IAT and CTS

For some odd reason when I hook up my scanner I get no reading for IAT or CTS. However if i try it on a different vehicle it reads IAT and CTS

Any suggestions?

The veh in question is a 97 f350 7.3 powerstroke dsl
11-23-2012 01:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: IAT CTS Tuning
The computer may not be giving out the data correctly, or the scanner may not be able to understand the computer. That's the 2nd year of the OBD2 standard. Its possible that there were some kinks in the implementation of the protocol with that computer.

That's a guess - the best I can come up with. But if it's showing other sensor data, but not CTS or IAT, then it's probably a pretty good guess.

How many amps are you running on your HHO generator? Are you using any other sensor enhancement?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
11-23-2012 03:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
timruger1 Offline

I am running under 10 amps and I have one of you MAP enhancers
11-24-2012 01:05 AM
mike Offline

10 Amps should be pretty good. You can try as many as 15 on that engine. But you should be getting some gain.

Have you checked out this article: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/hho-system-debugging . Something must be blocking gains. That article may be able to help you fine out what it is.

I don't think you'll need to adjust temp sensors on that truck. In fact, I'm surprised you even need the MAP Enhancer. HHO alone should do the trick.

What cell are you using? Can you post a link? Or a pic of it?

Visit Our Documents Page
11-24-2012 11:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
timruger1 Offline

http://mileageshop.com/products

I am running the double cell from this company. I have had it for nearly two years with zero gains. I have had it as high as 35 amps and below 10 amps with no success.

I have gone through the entire debugging tests which led me to the MAP enhancer. I adjusted it while on the phone with one of your staff.

I will occasionally trip the engine light and know it is leaned out as much as possible. Oddly tho I tried shutting it all down on a recent trip to see if there were any gains. I moved the number 3 switch to shut off the MAP but still tripped the engine light indicating that this did not work.

This is the second motor in the truck as the last blew a head gasket at 310K. Both engines have shown no gains
11-25-2012 05:06 AM
mike Offline

Regarding #3 switch: If you're talking about our Frequency MAP/MAF Enhancer (it's the unit with a little bank of 4 switches), the #3 switch doesn't turn it off. There is no "off" switch on that unit. If you want to go back to stock, you just remove power to the unit. If a switch is needed, install one on the power going to the MAP Enhancer.

The #3 switch is only used in frequency mode - when you have a frequency type MAP. In this case, putting switch 3 in the "on" position will cause the unit to raise the frequency, rather than to lower it. It was intended for people who want to raise horsepower, not for those that wanted to save fuel.

As for the lack or mileage gains, have you actually done each step of the debug checklist? What exactly did you do?

Visit Our Documents Page
11-25-2012 12:05 PM
timruger1 Offline

(11-25-2012 12:05 PM)mike Wrote:  Regarding #3 switch: If you're talking about our Frequency MAP/MAF Enhancer (it's the unit with a little bank of 4 switches), the #3 switch doesn't turn it off. There is no "off" switch on that unit. If you want to go back to stock, you just remove power to the unit. If a switch is needed, install one on the power going to the MAP Enhancer.

The #3 switch is only used in frequency mode - when you have a frequency type MAP. In this case, putting switch 3 in the "on" position will cause the unit to raise the frequency, rather than to lower it. It was intended for people who want to raise horsepower, not for those that wanted to save fuel.

As for the lack or mileage gains, have you actually done each step of the debug checklist? What exactly did you do?

Yes i went through every step of the debug list. I did the bottle test etc etc. I installed the MAP frequency as advised by your rep. She also told me that the #3 switch shuts it off. No problem tho i can just disconnect it.

The last info I recvd from you was to tune via cts and IAT but as my scanner wont read those values it doesnt seem likely.

I welcome any other advice
11-27-2012 09:10 AM
mike Offline

Are you putting the HHO into your engine upstream from the turbo? Did you do the soapy water test to check for a leaky system?

If you are getting no gains at any amp setting, then my first thought is that the HHO is not actually getting to the engine somehow.

HHO's interaction with fuels is a matter of physics. It will happen. If the HHO gets in there, it WILL increase the speed of combustion of your diesel fuel. That always translates into either greater horsepower of greater mileage. Did you get a noticeable increase in HP?

Answer these questions first, and we'll go on from there as needed.

Visit Our Documents Page
11-27-2012 11:18 AM
timruger1 Offline

i have checked the entire system for leaks and confirmed that there is gas at the intake by placing the tube in water which created bubbles

the hho is installed between the turbo and air cleaner

i wouldnt say that i ever noticed a difference in power or mileage with the system installed
11-27-2012 07:40 PM
mike Offline

That all sounds good. You should be getting gains. I don't think there's a problem with the cell because I've heard of lots of folks getting good gains with cells from milageshop.com.

Is the cell you got designed for your engine size? That's a pretty big engine. Running a cell at 35 amps wouldn't do any good if most of the gas you were making was steam - which would happen with a cell too small for that amperage. What does mileageshop say about that cell vs your engine size?

Visit Our Documents Page
11-28-2012 10:00 AM