Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ignition pressure of HHO
Paulusgnome Offline

RE: Ignition pressure of HHO
The danger with compressing HHO is probably not the pressure, as such. As others have said, 100psi does not apparently cause autoignition provided that the pressure is increased gently and slowly.

The real danger is that you are compressing an explosive gas mix and confining it in a container, probably a metal cylinder. In doing so, you are creating a bomb that can explode with very little provocation, and if it does explode, anything in the immediate vicinity will get shredded by flying pieces of tank, and smashed by the blast wave. The stimulus for an explosion could be a static spark, a mechanical shock, heat etc. It's not so much the probability that it will happen, as the devastating result if it does.

Note that at 100psi there will be 7 times the amount of gas as in the same volume at 14psi, and hence any explosion will scale accordingly.

I'm not sure which would be more dangerous, a cylinder of compressed HHO or a jar of nitroglycerin, but I'd say that they would be both in the same ballpark as far as stability goes.

You will not find many Youtube videos from people who have compressed HHO and had an explosion.
10-14-2010 02:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gary Offline

Interesting point you make there.
10-14-2010 03:37 PM
Zipstor Offline

(10-04-2010 08:50 PM)yellowsnow Wrote:  fun fact 2::at around 1500 foot under water/sea the water has enough water pressure/energy to combust steam(3200psi)

fun fact 3: The water in volcanic reefs can reach 300 celcius
Gary can you give us the link please?

>> http://brownsgas.com
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2010 11:40 PM by Zipstor.)
10-17-2010 11:38 PM
HHOKRAFT.se
Unregistered

This man are telling att whit more negative charge electrodes hi is making a heavyer hhogas whit more ions,whit that metod hi can pressure his highpressure electrolyzer to 60psi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbxqQQ4mGzQ 1:00 in to the vidoe.. and he has more videos on this subject

i guess you can make more ions to put more Neutrale plates in a drycell for example if you want to try to pressure your system more..
10-19-2010 07:19 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Gary Offline

You're not texting; just type it out so people can keep things straight man.
As I see it, what has been laid out is, yes, you can pressurize to 100 lbs. without autoignition. BUT...you have basically a bomb if there is a static spark, enough heat, or other ignition source like flashback. The harder materials the case is made out of, the more deadly shrapnel you will have. IMO, the resonant frequency that is sought is for the purpose of exponential production, and the notion of having to cram more ions in a given space is a moot point. A lot of people are working hard on the resonant frequency concept, since it's been done by Myers, and now Spodie Odie and a few, but not on a continual basis yet. Replicating Myers work seems to be elusive, and from his patents, intentionally so.
10-19-2010 10:22 AM
Zipstor Offline

To be short I will conclude that compressed HHO is unstable so you dont want to get over 10psi (to keep some headroom) unless you really need to.

I'll go by this statement for the time being....

>> http://brownsgas.com
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2010 01:50 AM by Zipstor.)
10-19-2010 07:53 PM
Roland Jacques Offline

(10-19-2010 07:19 AM)HHOKRAFT.se Wrote:  This man are telling att whit more negative charge electrodes hi is making a heavyer hhogas whit more ions,whit that metod hi can pressure his highpressure electrolyzer to 60psi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbxqQQ4mGzQ 1:00 in to the vidoe.. and he has more videos on this subject

i guess you can make more ions to put more Neutrale plates in a drycell for example if you want to try to pressure your system more..

This Ionized "heavy" HHO or HHOi is interesting. If this somehow stabilizes HHO id like to know how to Ionize HHO in a conventional Dry cell.

FWIW There is reports of at least 1 death and a few injured in California recently From compressed HHO. I heard it may be due to the carbon fiber tank.

If you want to store just a couples of litters of HHO you might consider a Hose. Like a coil of 1" nylon braided hose rated to 100PSI. like mentioned the hose would not be as bad as other materials if it would explode. Or maybe thin wall PVC with a chicken wire very loosely around it
10-20-2010 12:01 PM
captainwilly Offline

(10-19-2010 07:53 PM)Zipstor Wrote:  To be short I will conclude that compressed HHO is unstable so you dont want to get over 10psi (to keep some headroom) unless you really need to.

Greetings to all. I' m new to this forum but not. pressurizing HHO gas to 100 Psi. there are a number of videos on our LABLANCENGINEERING YouTube channel to prove it. it seems that my gas production increases 10 times by running 100 psi system pressure. I have run about 100 hours at this pressure. working on a 3rd generation design that uses a 7 plate dry cell inside a 12 inch pressure vessel.
cheers
Captain willy
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2012 10:26 AM by captainwilly.)
11-18-2012 10:15 AM
thomasbala Offline

(11-18-2012 10:15 AM)captainwilly Wrote:  
(10-19-2010 07:53 PM)Zipstor Wrote:  To be short I will conclude that compressed HHO is unstable so you dont want to get over 10psi (to keep some headroom) unless you really need to.

Greetings to all. I' m new to this forum but not. pressurizing HHO gas to 100 Psi. there are a number of videos on our LABLANCENGINEERING YouTube channel to prove it. it seems that my gas production increases 10 times by running 100 psi system pressure. I have run about 100 hours at this pressure. working on a 3rd generation design that uses a 7 plate dry cell inside a 12 inch pressure vessel.
cheers
Captain willy
I think I understand innovation but you may want to consider a review of your estate plan, perhaps increasing your life insurance.
11-18-2012 05:15 PM
porsche944tc Offline

I'm not sure I have got to 15psi 2 3l soda bottles .freaks me out a lil .filled a 7 inch balloon up via flash back ignition is super fast .my thoughts on pressurized hho would be either friction (induce static ) between the h2 and o from sudden pressure drops or just friction on elbows or sharp edges ect.and the other is auto ignition due to extream pressure .and yes a wise consideration to any one new wanting to learn this Do not pressurize hho in a large storage tank like propane tank air tank ect .any one know how to stop the nasty water .using s.s and sodium bicarbonate as electrolyte.
07-06-2016 06:15 PM