Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Inconsistent results
Daws Offline

Inconsistent results
Hi guys, After my 'positive results at last' thread - where I was exstatic at 38% increase in mpg, I replicated my test exactly today - same journey, same speeds, same current draw etc, but only managed 10% increase in mpg. I have been critical about test conditions and I am positive I got 38%. What has changed? Does electrolyte loose it efficiency?

Regards, Dawson
11-29-2008 12:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
arctodus Offline
HHOPassion

RE: Inconsistent results
Daws Wrote:Hi guys, After my 'positive results at last' thread - where I was exstatic at 38% increase in mpg, I replicated my test exactly today - same journey, same speeds, same current draw etc, but only managed 10% increase in mpg. I have been critical about test conditions and I am positive I got 38%. What has changed? Does electrolyte loose it efficiency?

Regards, Dawson

What are you using for electrolyte?
11-29-2008 03:15 PM
ghahai ghato Offline

Daws Wrote:Hi guys, After my 'positive results at last' thread - where I was exstatic at 38% increase in mpg, I replicated my test exactly today - same journey, same speeds, same current draw etc, but only managed 10% increase in mpg. I have been critical about test conditions and I am positive I got 38%. What has changed? Does electrolyte loose it efficiency?

Regards, Dawson

Also, for efficiency; check your gas output vs amp drawn & heat...

good luck
11-29-2008 07:00 PM
Daws Offline

arctodus Wrote:

Regards, Dawson

I'm using sodium hydroxide / distilled water.
11-30-2008 12:14 PM
arctodus Offline
HHOPassion

Daws Wrote:
arctodus Wrote:

Regards, Dawson

I think Sodium Hydroxide is the best you can use. Another thing I was having problems with during my test runs was trying to get the same pump when I filled up. I finally was able to use the same pump and at the same gas station when I got back from my 65-mile runs and started showing the same result each time. Same station & same pump and always pull into to the pump at the same direction each time. I think this can be a problem if not done the same each time. I also think that the electrolyte if gets to hot will dissipate in your mix. Stop filling at the first auto stop with the pump.
11-30-2008 12:30 PM
Daws Offline

arctodus Wrote:
Daws Wrote:
arctodus Wrote:

Regards, Dawson

I think Sodium Hydroxide is the best you can use. Another thing I was having problems with during my test runs was trying to get the same pump when I filled up. I finally was able to use the same pump and at the same gas station when I got back from my 65-mile runs and started showing the same result each time. Same station & same pump and always pull into to the pump at the same direction each time. I think this can be a problem if not done the same each time. I also think that the electrolyte if gets to hot will dissipate in your mix. Stop filling at the first auto stop with the pump.

I don't fill at the pump. I run on veg oil, (2nd tank in boot). So I fill that to brim, then do my journey, then refill measuring my fuel with a jug.This is very accurate. Could you expand on the heat dissapation theory? Are you suggesting the electrolyte is no good one it's being foaming?

Daws
11-30-2008 01:12 PM
Gary Offline

So we now know you're running a diesel. Is it later model? It's possible that your problem may be the ECU figuring things out.
11-30-2008 05:25 PM
Daws Offline

Gary Wrote:So we now know you're running a diesel. Is it later model? It's possible that your problem may be the ECU figuring things out.

Gary, Car is peugeot 406 1.9 td, 1996 model, no engine management at all. Smack booster, piped to just before pcv valve (crank side of engine). The think that i can't get my head round is that the first test I did when connected to pcv valve was 38% increase. I can't get that now, but nothing has changed apart from some foaming.

Daws
12-01-2008 12:56 AM
Gary Offline

A quick test is to use a pump bottle full of window washer fluid while running. Look for leaks. If no leaks, test your output to see if it's the same.
12-01-2008 01:10 AM
gtkco Offline

I agree with Gary. Do a soapy water test. My test systems easily spring leaks. Your system under the jossling of road conditions might have developed one.
12-01-2008 07:09 AM