Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Injection at PCV valve ?
jbalat Offline

Injection at PCV valve ?
Guys,
as I increase the amps my car starts running rougher

one theory is that the engine is getting steam, my other theory is that because I am injecting before the MAF then the MAF is getting bubbles of air which makes it run rough ?

Anyway what do you think about injection using a t-piece just before the intake into the pcv line ?
09-02-2010 02:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Injection at PCV valve ?
I don't like injecting HHO into the manifold. It just doesn't make sense. Inject your HHO into the air intake to the engine. That's where you want it.

If you are running your cell too hot, you will get steam. Steam is bad. Water droplets or mist is good, but actual steam is bad. You don't want to run your cell so hot that it's uncomfortable to touch it with your hand. The best cell designs run below 100 F. Therefore, the gas they are producing is actual HHO, not steam.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
09-02-2010 10:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jbalat Offline

Mike the water resevoir itself feels just luke warm...

I am more concerened with turbulence caused from the HHO when I inject directly before the MAF
09-03-2010 03:51 PM
mike Offline

(09-03-2010 03:51 PM)jbalat Wrote:  Mike the water resevoir itself feels just luke warm...

I am more concerened with turbulence caused from the HHO when I inject directly before the MAF

Honestly, the amount of HHO you're putting into the intake stream, compared to the volume of air already going in, is so small as to be completely negligible. Turbulence, due to the amount of HHO going in is just not a factor.

Visit Our Documents Page
09-03-2010 10:33 PM
jbalat Offline

Mike you are spot on.. I moved the hose up next to the throttle body and it made no difference at all
I cant explain it, my car just hates hho...
09-04-2010 02:33 AM
mike Offline

Lol. No car hates HHO. It always improves things. I'm sure you've seen our HHO Debug Checklist, but have you been through it with this car? If not, you should do that next. The article is here: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/store/documents

Visit Our Documents Page
09-05-2010 08:49 AM
jbalat Offline

Mike a bit off the topic but have you seen these things before ?

http://ardrone.parrot.com/parrot-ar-drone/uk/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSv2ca-IE...ature=fvwp
09-06-2010 02:15 AM
Mr. Binford 2000 Offline

jbalat, try injecting the hho into the air box before the filter. I also suggest installing the system and letting it alone for a few tanks of gas. My saturn was stubborn also , but letting the car adjust in seems to be a factor. I only achieved 12% gain and it took 4 tanks to get there.
09-06-2010 07:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

(09-06-2010 07:03 AM)Mr. Binford 2000 Wrote:  jbalat, try injecting the hho into the air box before the filter. I also suggest installing the system and letting it alone for a few tanks of gas. My saturn was stubborn also , but letting the car adjust in seems to be a factor. I only achieved 12% gain and it took 4 tanks to get there.

That's a good point, Mr. Binford. However, you should be able to do better than 12%. We at FuelSaver-MPG.com consider any result below 25% to be a system with correctable issues. Have you seen our HHO System Debug Checklist? If not, you can see it here: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/store/hho-system-debugging . Following the steps of the checklist, you should be able to double your mileage gains rather easily.

Visit Our Documents Page
09-06-2010 08:23 AM
jbalat Offline

wow before the air-cleaner you have too much faith. Are you sure the gas isnt going to escape the other way
09-07-2010 01:37 AM