Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Installation on an '02 Subaru Legacy GT
SoulflyZ Offline

Installation on an '02 Subaru Legacy GT
Hello, I am trying to identify what O2 sensor wire to use for the EFIE. I have 5 wires from the sensor to a 6 wire harness. I have identified both heater wires (in the harness). The schematic I have shows 4 signal wires and when I probe them I get the following:

Signal 1: 2.56v (steady)
Signal 2: 3.09v (steady)
Signal 3: 2.9v (fluctuates)
Signal 4: 2.9v (fluctuates)
5th Wire (O2 sensor): 7v (steady)
01-23-2009 06:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Installation on an '02 Subaru Legacy GT
There's something wrong with those results. They don't actually make sense. Did you have the sensor plugged in, with the engine running, while you made the measurements? You cannot unplug the harness and measure the terminals. You must tap into the wires with the unit plugged in, and measure with the engine running. Did you do that?

Also, make sure you have a good ground for your black meter probe.

You also can write to Bruce at support@fuelsaver-mpg.com and ask for your wiring diagram. Be sure to include your make/model/year/engine size. The diagram will usually tell you which is the correct wire.

I don't know if you have one of our Wide Band EFIEs or not. But if you do, you will attach it to a different wire than if you are using a narrow band type EFIE. Be sure to tell Bruce which type of EFIE you have, and he'll help you find the correct wire.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
01-23-2009 08:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoulflyZ Offline

Yes, the sensor was plugged in and the engine was running. I let it run for 5 minutes before taking measurements.
01-23-2009 10:09 AM
colchiro Offline

Please email Bruce then. I haven't dealt with any Subaru's here. I didn't even know they had 5 wire o2's (I thought that was just a Chrysler thing) and if I had to guess I would have said the 2002 model was narrow band.

If you already have one of Mike's efies and haven't installed it, it can still be returned if you have the wrong model.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2009 04:25 PM by colchiro.)
01-23-2009 04:24 PM