Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Installed Dual EFIE and hydro-gen on 98' ford taurus
chrissisco Offline

Installed Dual EFIE and hydro-gen on 98' ford taurus
I had just installed both of these tonight. I took a short test drive and everything seemed fine. I think I felt a little more power or it could have just been my imagination. Then when I was using my brakes they got really firm and would hardly work. I'm thinking it's a seal problem with the vacuum hose. Anyone else have any clues what happened? I hope I didn't screw something up.
04-18-2008 06:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Installed Dual EFIE and hydro-gen on 98' ford taurus
Where are you putting the HHO into the intake? If you've got it being introduced into the head, and you didn't seal things up, then you could have a problem with the vacuum that your power brakes use. Go back and check that you haven't broken the integrity of the vacuum system of your engine head. It's likely that if you're just now experiencing this after working on that area of the engine, that the problem will be found there, and should be easily remedied.

Now, if you are introducing the HHO into your engine head, you really are asking for trouble anyway. You want to introduce the gas into the stream that's being forcefully sucked into the engine. Having that gas filling a compartment that is subjected to blow by from the engine is really not a wise move. HHO is explosive. This is another subject, I know, but this needs to be addressed to.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-18-2008 06:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chrissisco Offline

We'll I'm glad I found all that out now. I hope that's not what I did. I was thinking I was connecting it to the PVC valve. I read somewhere that was the best place. In the pic I highlighted the hose I have my generator hooked up to.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-18-2008 08:49 PM
mike Offline

Ok, well you were definitely working with one of your vacuum lines, and if you had trouble with your power brakes right after that, then you just need to find where you broke the integrity of the vacuum. It should be relatively easy to retrace your steps and find the fix for that.

I would definitely find a way to get that HHO into the intake stream, rather than letting it sit in your head, which could become a big combustion chamber.

Visit Our Documents Page
04-19-2008 12:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

The Vaporizer 2000 connects to the pcv valve. Maybe that's where you read it.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
04-19-2008 08:12 AM
chrissisco Offline

How dangerous is my set-up? Should I try to get the hydrogen in right after the air filter?
04-19-2008 09:49 AM
mike Offline

Yes. I would definitely supply HHO directly into the intake. That way there's no chance of detonation due to blow back. I wouldn't really call it dangerous. I wouldn't really call it safe either. HHO should be strictly under your control. It's like gas. It's dangerous if not handled properly. Make sure your device can't produce gas without the engine running (like with a relay off your oil pressure switch), and introduce the gas directly into the intake stream. Then you are for sure safe.

Visit Our Documents Page
04-19-2008 03:12 PM
chrissisco Offline

Ok thanks for all the help. I disconnected the gen from the vacuum hose and sealed it back up. That fixed the brakes. Now I don't want to mess with those anymore. They have proved to be too hard to work with. Hopefully if I put it where I show on the pic it will be much easier to work with and safer.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-20-2008 10:30 AM
bandit354 Offline

Put it in before the maf sensor I put my after my maf sensor and my mileage drop alot, soon after I relocated before my maf into the top part of the airbox my mileage came back to normal then stated to increase. The maf sensor controls the amount of air going to the throttle body if you add extra pressure after the maf it messes the sensor up and dumps more gas into the motor.
04-20-2008 10:37 AM
chrissisco Offline

So I should put it into the hard case for the air filter. That will probably be easier to attach a hose to than the rubber piece anyways.
04-20-2008 12:59 PM