Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Installing HHO Generator In The Truck Bed
havoc Offline

Installing HHO Generator In The Truck Bed
I have a 2007 GMC Sierra turbo Diesel and want to install a HHO Generator. But I have a big problem. There is Absolutely no room for one. Not even for a small one. I was wondering If anyone has Mounted one in the bed of there truck. It is about 6 to 7 feet from there air induction. I know it would take longer for the gas to reach the air intake at first but once it did wouldn't it be the same? And plus diesel has much more cfm than gas motors do. So it would have much better suction. Please help me and tell me your thoughts.
06-18-2008 01:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
owen1969 Offline

RE: Installing HHO Generator In The Truck Bed
I also have a turbo diesel and plan to load it in box too, No problem there at all , as long as you have a sealed(no leaks) unit than there cannot be any diffence, as you stated also the turbo suction is large compared to gas engines. I have also noticed that a few sellers or companies sell in box or tool box cells, One is http://www.gethydropower.com/ they mount theres on the side close to fuel tank on rigs(18 wheelers). Plus this unit in a sealed tool box http://fuelcell.mileagemaker.us/ I have no idea why they use that thing the wires are going to for a multiple unit case.And why? The reason Im wondering this is because I beleive our trucks need a 2 to 6 cell unit installed , So as far as your question goes there should be no problem. Hope this helps
Please reply if you know what that thing is in the box and why it's needed instead of just joining cells in a series

havoc Wrote:I have a 2007 GMC Sierra turbo Diesel and want to install a HHO Generator. But I have a big problem. There is Absolutely no room for one. Not even for a small one. I was wondering If anyone has Mounted one in the bed of there truck. It is about 6 to 7 feet from there air induction. I know it would take longer for the gas to reach the air intake at first but once it did wouldn't it be the same? And plus diesel has much more cfm than gas motors do. So it would have much better suction. Please help me and tell me your thoughts.
06-22-2008 04:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply