Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Interesting vapor pics
Dantec Offline

Interesting vapor pics
    Heres something to ponder over.
I setup a example of a intake manifold on my iphone app called "wind tunnel"
1st 2 pictures is simulating a vapor inlet in the middle of pipe ( blue) and the air comming in from filters is yellow.It seems like most of the vapors could be sucked up by the nearest cylenders. But this is a stright through excample with no valves closing and stuff.
Now my last picture is if i was to put a pipe with 4 holes in it stright through my intake pipe and feed the vapors through this.(vapors are red in this case) shows up better. I think for my setup there will be a pipe with holes in it now that i see this...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-20-2012 10:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wabo Offline

RE: Interesting vapor pics
(08-20-2012 10:08 AM)Dantec Wrote:  Heres something to ponder over.
I setup a example of a intake manifold on my iphone app called "wind tunnel"
1st 2 pictures is simulating a vapor inlet in the middle of pipe ( blue) and the air comming in from filters is yellow.It seems like most of the vapors could be sucked up by the nearest cylenders. But this is a stright through excample with no valves closing and stuff.
Now my last picture is if i was to put a pipe with 4 holes in it stright through my intake pipe and feed the vapors through this.(vapors are red in this case) shows up better. I think for my setup there will be a pipe with holes in it now that i see this...

You kinda said the magic word ...Wind Tunnel (and pretty look like so)... I know that actual intake work by pulsation of the piston pushing and breathing some more when valves are opening and closing ... By just increasing the length of the intake runner or size you change that pulsing effect and you get a different throttle power response or low to hight rpm power band shift ... If I remember good more pulsing is usually associate with sharper throttle response wile like an open plenum intake with smoother pulsing is better for top end ...It is true for engine with carburetor but injection must act differently as only the air side is affected
08-21-2012 10:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply