Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Interim Results....Testing continuing
cheapfuel Offline

Interim Results....Testing continuing
I have now installed my oxy-hydrogen system in my truck and am proceeding with road test and adjustments to the EFIE. So far I have driven about 133 km on logging roads filled with pot-holes, gravel roads with steep hills and on pavement. I do not know yet how much fuel I have used. I will later. The fuel gauge indicates movement down of one space. Will let you know how it goes. The truck appears to have more power and only goes to 1500 RPM at 80 km/hr on level road. It appears to idle at about 200 RPM. What this all means I am not sure. I started with the EFIE at 0.315 volts. This was too high, so I set it at 0.288 volts. This seems better. My electrolyte is too reach as the generators run at close to 30 amps...blew my 25 amp fuse. For now replaced it a 30 amp fuse and it is holding. I will weaken the electrolyte so it will run at 15 amps cold and 20 amps hot.....max at 25 amps. The NaOH electrolyte is staying clear and the generators are running cool. Anyway, here is the interim report:

Paul

Oxy-Hydrogen Supplement System for fuel economy

I have installed my oxy-hydrogen generating system into my truck, which is a 1994 3/4 ton Silverado 4x4 (air conditioning) with 5.7-liter V8. There are 3 generators in series and the units together produced 700 ml/min at 15 amps on Bench Tests. Generators feed a bubbler. There are two PVC valves (acting as flashback arrestors and preventing water transfers from the bubbler). One PVC valve is just before the entrance to the air intake and the second PVC valve is just before the bubbler. Each generator consists of 4 2.5" D stainless steel plates 1/4" apart. The cathodes and anodes are 1/4" stainless rods 8" long. The plates that make electrical and physical contact through a hole in the plate are secured tight with 1/2 width nuts. The other rod goes through a slightly larger hole (loosely) with a rubber grommets so it does not make electrical contact. The cathode and anode alternate with electrical contact points making the plate connections in series. The housing is 4" PVC pipe with a removable cap on the bottom that allows the entire interior to be removed for repairs or alterations. The top has a filler cap and an outlet elbow for HHO gas. There is a gauge on the side that indicates electrolyte level. The volume size of the interior housing (if completely full) is approximately 1 ½ liters. A 3" space (approximately) is the minimum allowed above the electrolyte. Each generator is connected with a 3/8" clear plastic hose in such a manner as to allow only the back-pressure from the water in the bubbler. Each unit is sealed and airtight. The bubbler is clear plastic bottles and is also airtight. The intake to the engine goes through the air filter assemble into the air intake of the throttle body. See wiring diagram for more details. There are no MAF, CKP, CMP or IAT sensors. This truck has the OBD I system and ECM (NOT the OBD II of later models ). The power for the EFIE is taken from the ammeter (same circuit as the generator power). NaOH is used for the electrolyte at a concentration to draw 15 – 20 amps.

Pre-installation of oxy-hydrogen generators mpg (though not road tested) is estimated (according to specs) to be approximately (16 - 17) MPG (6.8 – 7.2 Km/L). For related information check out http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/documents.html

SUMMARY OF RESULTS:

1994 Silverado 4x4 truck V8 5.7 liter gas engine

Pre-installation = 16 – 17 MPG (6.8 – 7.2 Km/L)

Bench Test of oxy-hydrogen system pre-installation = 700 ml/min at 15 amps

Running amperage of oxy-hydrogen system: 15 – 20 amps (max 25 amps)

EFIE setting = 0.288 volts

Odometer reading at fueling set at 0.000

Liters of gas taken = full tank of gas

Odometer reading at re-fueling = -----------

Liters of gas taken to fill tank = ------------

Calculation = ------ Km/L = ------- MPG (after installation)

Percentage gain with oxy-hydrogen system = --------% (+ or - 3%)

Please note: I do not know how to insert the wiring diagram to this thread from my files.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2008 06:34 AM by cheapfuel.)
08-03-2008 06:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply