Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is my EFIE working correctly
L_U_D_I_A Offline

Is my EFIE working correctly
Hello,
I purchased a narrow band band EFIE for my 91 Accord.
I was just wondering that if the numbers I get on my voltmeter are correct.
Before the EFIE installation the O2 sensor sends signal ranging from 0.01V all the way to about 0.78 volts, when normal operating temperature is achieved.
After I turn on the EFIE the voltage ranges from 0.46V to about 1.1V
I can see that I am adding voltage, but just wondering if it is correct.
Thanks!
10-20-2009 09:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Is my EFIE working correctly
That sounds about right.

The o2 voltage still varies the same amount, it's just a higher voltage at the ECU.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
10-20-2009 02:19 PM
L_U_D_I_A Offline

So if I understand correctly if the signal is above .45V then the computer will send less fuel to the injectors, thinking that the mixture is rich, thus reducing the supply of fuel and the oposite when the voltage is below .45V
Thanks!
Also do you think that a 1L-1.3L per minute output of hydrogen is good enought for the 2.2L engine in the accord?
10-20-2009 03:53 PM
colchiro Offline

You might want to read the HHO Debug list, after clicking my "documents" link, it's about a third up from the bottom.

From that page Mike writes, "Bob Boyce recently told me that a system should provide 1/4 - 1/2 liter/min of HHO per liter of engine displacement".

There's also documents that explain how the narrow band efie works, including how the ecu interprets it.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
10-20-2009 04:22 PM
mike Offline

(10-20-2009 03:53 PM)L_U_D_I_A Wrote:  So if I understand correctly if the signal is above .45V then the computer will send less fuel to the injectors, thinking that the mixture is rich, thus reducing the supply of fuel and the oposite when the voltage is below .45V
Thanks!
Your assumptions about the sensor voltages are not quite correct. The computer expects to see the voltages go above and below .45 volts. If it never sees a voltage below .45 volts, it will think the sensor is bad and ignore it.

The EFIE raises all the voltages, as you have surmised. This will shift the computer's perception of the air/fuel ratio, the way we want. But if you set the EFIE too high, the voltage the computer sees will never be below .45 volts, and that is bad. The computer expects to see constant transitions between "low" and "high". 450 millivolts is the threshold between the two.

Most people set their EFIE to about .25 volts, and that usually works pretty good. Some have to set it lower.

So, you have understood the situation pretty well, as long as you realize that you can set the EFIE too high, and then lose all of your mileage gains.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
10-21-2009 10:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply