Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Isuzu Project
mike Offline

RE: Isuzu Project
You are interpreting the color pairs correctly. And I have seen errors in the diagrams for wire colors before. But it's pretty rare, in my experience. Usually the factory color diagrams are correct.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-24-2008 03:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cstmwrks Offline

Well some thing is not right. Based on the book I should should tap into a red/blue wire. There is no red blue wire going to any part of the ECM. I tapped into a blue/red ( based on blue being the domanent color ) wire that now that I looked closer and according to the book is part of the throttle position sensor. I pulled both wiring modules from the ECM attempting to find markings that matched info in the book like the location of the input B3 ( 02 sensor ) but that did not turn up any good info. I cross checked the amount of wires I find to the ones shown on the book and they are off by a count of 2. I've also found some color coded wires that do not show up at all in the book. Grrrrrr.
03-24-2008 04:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

Get your wiring diagram from ahdol.com. It's specific to your make/model and year. You will want it when you get into adjusting your other sensors, which is the next step after HHO and EFIE.

Other than that the only thing you can do is trace the wire from the sensor itself.

By the way, what book are you using? Is it specific for your make/model/year?

Visit Our Documents Page
03-24-2008 04:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cstmwrks Offline

mike Wrote:Get your wiring diagram from ahdol.com. It's specific to your make/model and year. You will want it when you get into adjusting your other sensors, which is the next step after HHO and EFIE.

Other than that the only thing you can do is trace the wire from the sensor itself.

By the way, what book are you using? Is it specific for your make/model/year?

Chilton book for the isuzu rodeo and it covers my year.
Tracing the wire is starting to sound like the more reasoneble way to go at this point. Now that I found it I can pull the connector and get a probe on it.
03-24-2008 07:23 PM
cstmwrks Offline

The trace worked. I got the right wire this time. Sensor would show 200mv to 700mv with a steady fluctuation. The EFIE is on and I have it set to add 100mv right now. Computer side confirms the additional 100mv
03-25-2008 11:24 AM
mike Offline

OK. Great. Please let me know when you get a successful result. I usually only hear when someone has problems!

Visit Our Documents Page
03-25-2008 04:32 PM
colchiro Offline

mike Wrote:I usually only hear when someone has problems!
Maybe you need to access your resources and send out a mass-email to people who haven't posted in awhile, asking them to finish "their business".

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
03-25-2008 05:45 PM