Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Isuzu project
cstmwrks Offline

Isuzu project
Got the EFIE installed on my Isuzu and added about 2 oz of acetone to the 18 gal tank fill. Boosting the 02 signal by 150ma to the ECU and can run in 5th gear as low as 25mph and still acelerate without pinging ( no lead foot stuff ). It is normal for me to get 300 miles to a tank and I'm at 228 right now with just a hair under 1/2 a tank to go.
03-31-2008 06:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zeek Offline

RE: Isuzu project
Let us know how you make out. This past weekend I installed a Dual EFIE Deluxe unit in my 1995 Dodge intrepid. (221,000 miles on it) I have a Hydroxy booster installed and just about ready to do the finishing touches on the wiring. Hope to have it all set and running in the next couple of days..
Regards
Zeek

cstmwrks Wrote:Got the EFIE installed on my Isuzu and added about 2 oz of acetone to the 18 gal tank fill. Boosting the 02 signal by 150ma to the ECU and can run in 5th gear as low as 25mph and still acelerate without pinging ( no lead foot stuff ). It is normal for me to get 300 miles to a tank and I'm at 228 right now with just a hair under 1/2 a tank to go.
03-31-2008 07:37 PM
mike Offline

Nice result!

Please let us know what the actual MPG improvement was when you get it.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-31-2008 10:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
smt0954 Offline

Mr acetone man (Lou LaPointe) says for gasoline:

3 oz PURE Acetone (Sallys Beauty Supply)
3 oz Xylene (hardware/paint store)
1 oz 5W30 OR 5W40 Synthetic oil

---> per 10 gallons of gasoline

he says you can put more Xylene and it will not hurt a thing - some autos get MORE mileage

http://www.brightgreen.us/

i've also added the MAX Warmer, his 'drilled' spark plugs, and the scan gauge - really nice guy - been at it for a longggg time

Steve T
Central Arkansas
2005 GMC Sierra 5.3L
Dual EFIE, Max Warmer, Drilled Spark Plugs, Acetone/Xylene/Oil additive, FlashPaq Programmer
04-01-2008 03:14 PM
mike Offline

Yes, I like his site too. He hates HHO though. But I've been meaning to try the Acetone/Xylene mix. I just haven't done it yet. I also have a query in to him to carry his MaxWarmer on my site. I don't know if he markets that way or not.

Visit Our Documents Page
04-01-2008 04:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cstmwrks Offline

OK on my last mileage check I got 18.5 mpg and this time with the EFIE at 150mv and 2 oz of acetone in the tank I got to 19.3 mpg. I'm not super impressed as I have been known ( depending on driving conditions ) to get 20 mpg long before I started tinkering with this stuff. Anyhow I'm going to turn up the mv level to maybe 250 or there abouts and see how things go.
04-02-2008 11:03 AM
mike Offline

OK, cool. Some computers are programmed tighter which prevent mileage improvements. But they can all be overcome. You just have to keep at it. Be sure to check out Tuning For Mileage, as it gives some very simple tips for modifying the other sensors.

Visit Our Documents Page
04-02-2008 11:56 AM
cstmwrks Offline

Steve,
Thanks for the more detailed formula. I've got a fuel heater that I'm going to get installed next week ( I hope ) but in the mean time I'll get some xylene and oil to brew up some cans of this stuff at the formula you recomended and see what that does for me. I may be just to lean on the acetone so I'm just running on the same old gas really.
04-02-2008 12:31 PM
cstmwrks Offline

After looking over the brightgreen web site and reading more of the fine print I see that my acetone experiment may be spoiled from the get go due to my purchasing acetone at the hardware store, the kind used for fiberglass clean up. Nothing on the label states that it is anything other than acetone but it does not claim a purity level either. I'll have to contact my local chemical supply house about this stuff.
I also note with great dismay that ethanol kills the ability for acetone to do it's job... no wonder the government wants this in all gas.
04-02-2008 05:38 PM
mike Offline

Check for a Sally's Beauty Supply in your area. Google for it and you'll get their web site. They have the pure stuff.

Visit Our Documents Page
04-02-2008 08:18 PM