Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Isuzu project
cstmwrks Offline

Isuzu project
Mike,
I just built the MAP sensor voltage regulator and am now looking at those pesky wiring diagrams again. The MAP has three wires. One that I suspect ( but may be incorrect ) is the power goes to both the MAP and ECT. The ECT has two wires, the common one shared with the MAP and one that is direct to the ECM. Back to the MAP again, three wires, one direct from ECM to MAP. One that is shared with the MAP and ECT and one that goes to BOTH the ECM and the TPS. The TPS is a three wire device as well. It has its own direct line to the ECM, a second that goes to both ECM and MAP. The third wire then goes to the IAT and from the IAT to the ECM.
To me it looks like the ECT just shares power with the MAP. And maybe the IAT just shares power with the TPS. But it looks like both data and power are shared with the MAP and TPS. Not having looked at many wiring diagrams I just wanted to know if this is normal and as long as I isolate the power supply to the MAP I am going about it the correct way.

Bill
04-06-2008 09:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Isuzu project
The wires that are common with other devices will either be power (5 volts for the MAP) or ground. You can measure for these. The wire that is not common with another device is going to be the signal back to the ECU. You want to find the 5 volt power wire, and splice into it downstream from any common connection to another device (so you are only affecting the power to the MAP).

Without seeing the diagram I can't tell you more. But didn't you get your wiring diagrams form ahdol.com? If you have this diagram for you car, then you can always find which wire is which, know it's color etc.

You might try to find your free wiring diagram at autozone.com. Follow the directions in this post.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-06-2008 09:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cstmwrks Offline

OK after reading and re reading the tuning for mileage guide I think that the voltage regulator to modify the MAP signal and changing resisters on the IAT gives a pretty powerful range of old fashioned tuning ability in conjunction with the EFIE. I have the new voltage regulator set to give 5 v with the engine running and hope to get it wired in the next day or two. And FOR ONCE the item to be worked on is out in the open and easy to reach! I hope that's not a bad omen.
04-07-2008 04:47 PM
mike Offline

LOL. I think you make your own luck. By good study and application. But just in case, Good Luck!

Visit Our Documents Page
04-07-2008 07:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cstmwrks Offline

Maybe you can help me on this one. I'm rumor chasing. Another fellow at work is VERY interested in hydrogen and has even built an electrolizer but has yet to install anything on a rig. He mention a video by a Joe some thing or other and both how to make a device that worked with electronic ignition systems to be able to make impressivly large timing changes from a potentiometer in the cab AND that a commercialy made model could be found at places like Shucks. I've Tried some web searches but I have not found anything that looks right or even a lead on what this thing is called.
Any idea?
04-11-2008 05:38 PM
mike Offline

Sorry, I can't help you with that one. But if you find out it's true, I'd like to know about it too. You might try posting over at mpgresearch.com.

Visit Our Documents Page
04-11-2008 05:48 PM