Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Its stopped
rps2100 Offline

Exclamation Its stopped
Ok, i dont get it, it was working fine yesterday, looked under the hood/bonnet this morning and its stopped, so i check everthing out the plates have lectricity going to them, nothing touching, i changed the solution, still nothing, whats happened!!!!!?Sad
05-09-2010 09:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

RE: Its stopped
(05-09-2010 09:44 AM)rps2100 Wrote:  Ok, i dont get it, it was working fine yesterday, looked under the hood/bonnet this morning and its stopped, so i check everthing out the plates have lectricity going to them, nothing touching, i changed the solution, still nothing, whats happened!!!!!?Sad
We need more information. Volts, amps, electrolyte, type of cell, pictures if you've got 'em. In the meantime, remove your cell and bench test it. If it works on the bench you've got an open circuit under the bonnet/hood somewhere. Is your cell grounded?
05-09-2010 10:57 AM
benny Offline

(05-09-2010 09:44 AM)rps2100 Wrote:  Ok, i dont get it, it was working fine yesterday, looked under the hood/bonnet this morning and its stopped, so i check everthing out the plates have lectricity going to them, nothing touching, i changed the solution, still nothing, whats happened!!!!!?Sad

Are you using a PWM?

If so these are in the negative return line from the HHO generator to ground. If the PWM isn't working, then you won't get a complete electrical circuit, ergo no current flow, ergo no HHO production.

Possible causes and cures:
1. no power supply to the PWM control circuit (Not the HHO generator power connections). Check this with voltmeter or 12V bulb.
2. Loose connections, or broken PCB tracks inside PWM. Reconnect / re-solder same.
3. PWM control circuit faulty. Buy new PWM
4. Power transistors in PWM have fault and remain open circuit. Fit replacement transistors or buy new PWM.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2010 12:14 PM by benny.)
05-09-2010 12:08 PM
rps2100 Offline

(05-09-2010 10:57 AM)thomasbala Wrote:  
We need more information. Volts, amps, electrolyte, type of cell, pictures if you've got 'em. In the meantime, remove your cell and bench test it. If it works on the bench you've got an open circuit under the bonnet/hood somewhere. Is your cell grounded?

Is my cell grounded, well it goes through the negative terminal of the battery.

as for volts and amps, no idea!

open circuit, dont understand, but i do a PWM connected.

electrolyte is KOH, and it is uncontroled, i put 30 grams in the generator,

this is the second generator i have used, i seem to have the same problem twice, and i have no idea what is wrong, unfortunately i am a complete amater.

the generator is by http://www.GidraGen.com

the grounding, i have done that through the negative terminal on the battery, is this wrong?

i have a multimeter, but it only goes upto 250mA, i beleive i need one which measures higher.

if you have any idea whats wrong i would appreciate it. thanks jim
05-09-2010 12:19 PM
thomasbala Offline

(05-09-2010 12:19 PM)rps2100 Wrote:  
(05-09-2010 10:57 AM)thomasbala Wrote:  

Is my cell grounded, well it goes through the negative terminal of the battery.

as for volts and amps, no idea!

open circuit, dont understand, but i do a PWM connected.

electrolyte is KOH, and it is uncontroled, i put 30 grams in the generator,

this is the second generator i have used, i seem to have the same problem twice, and i have no idea what is wrong, unfortunately i am a complete amater.

the generator is by http://www.GidraGen.com

the grounding, i have done that through the negative terminal on the battery, is this wrong?

i have a multimeter, but it only goes upto 250mA, i beleive i need one which measures higher.

if you have any idea whats wrong i would appreciate it. thanks jim

Sounds like a PWM problem. Try disconnecting from the PWM and just use a fuse or circuit breaker. Something's wrong with the link you posted; they don't sell HHO generators. You could take the generator out and just connect it to the battery. If it works then for sure you've got a PWM problem.
05-09-2010 01:33 PM