Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jumper Hetaers?
jimenezc Offline

Jumper Hetaers?
Hello everyone,

I searched through the threads but I could not find the info I need about the jumper heaters.

I am trying to find out their part number and from where they can be purchased. How do they work? Do they bring the EFIE's circuit to normal temperature? D they work by themselves or do they work with a thermistor?

Any help is really appreciated.

Thank you all,

Chriatian JImenez
01-29-2009 08:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Jumper Hetaers?
Hi Chriatian,

The jumpers should be on the circuit board already. They are installed on one pin, so they are not in use. To set a jumper, you just install it across both pins. There are 2 jumpers and you can set either one, or both of them.

There is no thermistor. All they do is put a load on the voltage regulator and cause it to warm up the board. It's intended use is for cold weather climates where the board needs to warm up more quickly. This was basically inspired by the guys in New England who have very cold winter climates. I live on the Oregon coast, and it sometimes gets down to freezing here, but not that often. I don't use any jumpers.

You can increase how hot the board will get by which jumpers you set. The following is the order from coolest to warmest:
No jumpers set
J1
J2
J1 and J2

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
01-29-2009 10:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply