Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just getting started
stevekos7 Offline

Just getting started
Hello all. I found this forum today and it looks like there is a fair range of experience and an appreciation of different designs here, so I'll pose a couple of questions for any of you generous folk to assist me with.

I have built 3 experimental systems so far:

a Water4Gas system (Crap! overheated, low production, baking soda makes a mess - waste of time).

A modified W4G system with more wire (better production but still overheated badly - still crap!)

Latest version - a 4 plate open bath system (+-+-) The plates are about 7"x2.5". Works best of all three but production not enough.

Questions:

1. I am thinking of increasing the plates (I have lots more room in my PVC tube). Is it better to go more +- plates or introduce neutrals? If so how many?

2. I am looking into a PWM to enhance production. I would like a simple yet effective design - any suggestions? How much does this improve production?

3. How much HHO do I need to produce anyway? I see so many people bragging about how much they produce, but on the other hand many systems that seem to be modest that are claimed to deliver very good increases in mileage. I have a 1993 3.0 litre Mitsubish Pajero 4wd (Australia). I see often said that around 1ltr per minute is a good start to aim for.

I am no techo so simple answers please.

Steve.
06-29-2008 06:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cheapfuel Offline

RE: Just getting started
You have some good questions. I too would like to hear some answers to those question. I have built a system of 4 circular plates (stainless steel) 1/4 inch spaced, but to get any decent yield my amperage is too high. 480 ml/min at 30 amps and 250 ml/min at 15 amps. I would like to get to 1000 ml/min with 15 or 20 amps and am wondering if some of the answers to your questions will also help me. I am using NaOH.
06-29-2008 07:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply