Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just starting
fsuagentsmith Offline

Just starting
Hey guys, I am new to this concept and understand it for the most part. We are looking to increase the efficiency of the engine. I understand the modification of the sensors so they don't put too much gas in the system since the output will be higher.

My question is about what to start with. I was thinking of getting a complete kit from hhokitsdirect.com. The reason for this is I don't want to take the time to build my own that might not be as efficient or as stable. The next thing I was going to do is to get an EFIE sensor from fuelsaver-mpg.com.

Has anyone done this? Do you all experience FOAM with this system? How much maintenance does it require (outside of filling it with distilled water).

My biggest concern is foam and ruining my car's engine. Suggestions and expertise is appreciated.
01-19-2012 08:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Just starting
Foam usually means that you have too much electrolyte. However, foam can be drastically reduced by using a little bit of defoamer for pools. You can get that at home depot or Lowes, or any good hardware store. But I would try to reduce the causes for the foam first, then use the defoamer if it's still too much.

The EFIEs from fuelsaver-mpg.com are great. But then I may be prejudiced. I make them... Smile

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
01-19-2012 08:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fsuagentsmith Offline

I figured you made them, now as for foam... using the defoamer before it happens would that be a good way to ever prevent it from happening or just proper maintenance with distilled water. Again, this is my only car and I don't want to ruin it. (Plus the car is new for me and I like it, except for gas mileage)
BTW my car is a 3.5 L 260 HP engine. Infiniti G35x. Just to let you know size and what you are looking at in case that changes what your thoughts are towards it.
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2012 10:10 AM by fsuagentsmith.)
01-19-2012 10:08 AM
mike Offline

I recommend making sure that the foaming isn't just because the electrolyte is too strong. Also, you'll probably need a check valve between the reservoir and the bottom HHO cell fitting. Otherwise foam will back out of the cell, and cause vapor lock in the hose that's supposed to supply the liquid electrolyte to the cell. But take care of those issues first, if they are issues.

After that, you can add a teaspoon of maybe 2 tsp of the defoamer to your electrolyte. It will not hurt your engine (but the KOH will), and it will not cut your production. It will only reduce or eliminate the foam.

Visit Our Documents Page
01-19-2012 12:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fsuagentsmith Offline

I am just starting so I don't have foam yet. I just want to know what we need to do to make sure we don't get any. Those are the parts I was going to go with. Your part and hhokitsdirect's 772
01-19-2012 02:09 PM
fsuagentsmith Offline

Can anyone tell me how I would prevent foam from happening all together? I am looking at a hhokitsdirect 772 and an efie from fuelsaver-mpg.com to order. Are those good pieces? I know Mike is favorable to the efie piece and I am not against it. Are their any other opinions on both pieces?
01-23-2012 10:49 AM
mike Offline

Foam is eliminated in 2 ways:

1) Don't put in too much KOH or NaOH. By too much, I mean so that it doesn't run so hot that it produces steam and the cell gets hot to the touch. That will make lots of foam.

2) If you still have foam, then get some defoamer for pools. You can get it at hardware stores. A teaspoon or 2 in your reservoir, and it will knock out the foam. It will not harm the HHO production.

Visit Our Documents Page
01-23-2012 11:52 PM
martinruf Offline

(01-23-2012 11:52 PM)mike Wrote:  Foam is eliminated in 2 ways:

1) Don't put in too much KOH or NaOH. By too much, I mean so that it doesn't run so hot that it produces steam and the cell gets hot to the touch. That will make lots of foam.

2) If you still have foam, then get some defoamer for pools. You can
The Video shows little steam output. They are talking about 35Amps. That is hot.
3) Lower the input Amps. By 1) or an PMW. But lower Amps mean lower output.

With this 3-4 l output you can drive only by HHO and stop using Petrol. you'll have to block the air-input. The HH have for the explosion needed O already in the gas. Some patents talks about 1 l/min für HHO only use.

My expirience is with 2-3 Amps get savings 20-30% using Petrol with HHO.

Ford C-Max 1.8i flexfuel (petrol)
Victor-Tupperware-Cell
4x 5N at 1-2AMP
20% less Liter/100km
01-25-2012 02:39 AM
mike Offline

We have found that people are using way more HHO (and amperage) than they need. 1.25 - 1.5 LPM (honestly measured) is the correct amount for a semi (15 Liter engine). More HHO will actually reduce mileage.

Realize that this is measured very accurately, and most measures of HHO will actually call this about double what I do. For instance if you use a pop bottle test or a ball meter (the kind where a ball floats on the gas), you'll probably think this is actually 2.5 to 3 LPM.

Visit Our Documents Page
02-02-2012 01:06 PM
richkat Offline
richard

mike , why is the bottle floating , not the most accurate method , if you time it from the first bubble till the mesured / known amount / volume ..

Richard Auckland New Zealand
02-02-2012 11:40 PM