Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just the EFIE
cantburn Offline
All Fired Up

Just the EFIE
I ran my first true mileage readings and have not tuned the truck or changed anything except installed the deluxe EFIE single. My mileage has always been 13-14 mpg consistently. I am running the EFIE at 350 MV with no extender and the same Walmart fuel I always get and now I am getting 17.42 mpg. I just installed my dual electric fans and have relieved the engine of that burden...I start the HHO generator install tomorrow, and hopefully by Thursday will be done with this particular install.

"Life is but a tire swing"
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2008 08:04 PM by cantburn.)
07-08-2008 08:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dangerous Offline

RE: Just the EFIE
cantburn Wrote:I ran my first true mileage readings and have not tuned the truck or changed anything except installed the deluxe EFIE single. My mileage has always been 13-14 mpg consistently. I am running the EFIE at 350 MV with no extender and the same Walmart fuel I always get and now I am getting 17.42 mpg. I just installed my dual electric fans and have relieved the engine of that burden...I start the HHO generator install tomorrow, and hopefully by Thursday will be done with this particular install.

It's Friday night, how did the install go?
07-11-2008 07:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nismotekk Offline

cantburn Wrote:I ran my first true mileage readings and have not tuned the truck or changed anything except installed the deluxe EFIE single. My mileage has always been 13-14 mpg consistently. I am running the EFIE at 350 MV with no extender and the same Walmart fuel I always get and now I am getting 17.42 mpg. I just installed my dual electric fans and have relieved the engine of that burden...I start the HHO generator install tomorrow, and hopefully by Thursday will be done with this particular install.

Cantburn- You got fuel gains with just the efie? I was thinking about that, and I wanted to try it myself. Only bad thing about that is NOx goes up. On the other hand HC should go down. I want to try it also.
07-12-2008 02:27 PM
colchiro Offline

E85 tolerates a lean mix better than unleaded and one e85 conversion company has something similar to an EFIE built into it's conversion to produce their "lean cruise".

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-12-2008 04:35 PM