Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kapow - oops help
rndis Offline

Kapow - oops help
I completed my water4gas build. As per the instructions, I made a bench test prior to installing it in my car. The bench test was good and I proceeded to install. Upon starting the engine, the 30 amp fuse blew. I have gone through a package of 30 amp fuses trying to figure out where the problem is without success. Each bench test is good. I have checked and double checked the wiring. The 30 amp fuse is located on the wire coming from the 12 v + side of the car battery and goes to post #30 of my relay. A reading taken on the wire indicates 12.47 v. This is with the ignition in the off position. I have continuity on all ground wires including the ground wire coming from post #85 of the relay. In order to check voltage from my 12 v source, which is coming from the cars ABS fuse (10amp) the ignition must be in the on position. When I turn on the ignition, the 30 amp fuse blows. The power wire coming off the relay post #87 and going to the hydrolyzer gives a reading of 12.47 v. This is without water in the hydrolyzer. When I fill it with water, and turn on the ignition, it works briefly and then blows the 30 amp fuse. Anybody have any suggestions as to where to look to fix this kind of a problem.
11-06-2008 01:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yodamaker Offline

RE: Kapow - oops help
I have had similar problems from time to time. This was usually from too much electrolyte in the solution added to the cell. If you are not adding any electrolyte solution you may have to check for a short between the plates of your cell.

If you dont have a Bubbler/Dryer and check valves in the dsitribution setup I suggest you get them in place before you end up making a mess of your engine compartment. safety is the most important issue and the water4gas kits dont always give the end user all the components neccessary.

89 Ford Probe 4cyl 51mpg/hwy
http://www.greatertech.com
11-06-2008 02:26 PM
colchiro Offline

RE: Kapow - oops help
I would think if it blows instantaneously, it might be a short.

Otherwise if it takes a second to two to blow, your electrolyte is too strong. I'd dump half of it out and fill with water and try again.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-06-2008 07:16 PM