Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kiker wires
tangomar Offline

Kiker wires
Any experience on the kiker wires?

To me it sounded BS but they actually patented... unbelievable!
07-18-2008 02:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mikehallbackhoe Offline

RE: Kiker wires
tangomar Wrote:Any experience on the kiker wires?

the kiker wires are made from copper tubing. I made some for my pickup and they ruined my sparkplugs. I was running ngk plugs with a hole drilled and they actually ate a groove in my plugs. I replaced my plugs with undrilled champion plugs and will wait to see the results. obviously , the wires carry a stronger spark to the plug. I have not had a chance to check mpg improvements but think you could probably run a larger gap with these wires. I really don't understand what the coiled section does, but built them into my wires. would be interesting to try the wires without the coiled section.
07-19-2008 07:02 AM
Pat Offline

I got the Kiker battery wire instead of the spark plug wires and have not noticed any improvement. This has been over 4 months. So no need to go any further with this.
08-07-2008 01:56 PM
Gary Offline

That sounds like hype. Battery wires? As far as I've known, the gauge of wire determines how many amps a line will carry, and all cars are sized to their load and alternator capacity. A better wire won't carry more current than is being produced.
Plug wires, on the other hand, carry 50,000 volts in nanoseconds, so there's always room for improvement over stock. But magical FE results would more than likely mean that there was something wrong to begin with. And true, some stock wires are just crappy, but more often than not, they are better than a lot of aftermarket wires. You can always trust Delco.
08-07-2008 02:45 PM
tangomar Offline

Well, when you need high speed signals on long distances as Gary is saying, then any "local charge" storage would help.

You can either use series inductance (so maybe the kiker stuff might have any effect) or shunt capacitance. I am talking about voltage stabilization that might effect the plugs performances.

I've seen people selling a cigarette lighter plugins that "would give you increased power and torque". See this: http://www.5starshine.com/info-hotinazma...lizer.html

That is BS, but local capacitance should work (a little bit more that those uF you can fit in that plug).
08-07-2008 11:16 PM
Cowboy Offline

mikehallbackhoe Wrote:I really don't understand what the coiled section does, but built them into my wires. would be interesting to try the wires without the coiled section.

I wouldn't do that. The coiled section serves two purposes. One, it cuts down on Electro-Magnetic Frequencies/Pulses. Two, it reduces voltage feedback, saving your distributor/coil. Common plug wires don't need this because of the extra technology surrounding them. I know nothing about these plug wires, but it seems more like a kick back to the past when plug wires were similar to bailing wire, bailing wire was a suitable substitute. Made funny noises on your radio and messed with reception on peoples television sets. The ability to carry a hotter spark is cool, but I would imagine it would lead to burnt plugs with a quickness.
08-08-2008 04:40 AM
Gary Offline

Yeah, I'd bet it's safer to use an advanced plug in the right heat range.
08-08-2008 04:43 PM
Rayweddel Offline

kiker spark plug wires use copper tubing instead of wire. It play an important part in every vehiles for start up. The old school plug wires were just wide open at the ends without any rubber protection.

Lone Mountain Truck Leasing
06-06-2012 11:15 AM
ailixhomes Offline

Kiker wires have been used as a plug wires instead of comon Wire. The main features of this wire have to be a low resistance. I put the copper tubing inside plastic tubing, and use oem spark pug boots.

50cc scooter is very useful for get a mileage.
07-07-2012 10:38 AM
ailixhomes Offline

(07-19-2008 07:02 AM)mikehallbackhoe Wrote:  
tangomar Wrote:Any experience on the kiker wires?

the kiker wires are made from copper tubing. I made some for my pickup and they ruined my sparkplugs. I was running ngk plugs with a hole drilled and they actually ate a groove in my plugs. I replaced my plugs with undrilled champion plugs and will wait to see the results. obviously , the wires carry a stronger spark to the plug. I have not had a chance to check mpg improvements but think you could probably run a larger gap with these wires. I really don't understand what the coiled section does, but built them into my wires. would be interesting to try the wires without the coiled section.

I am totally impress with this information that Kiker Wires have to be made by Copper tubing. It is to be dentoed as a best way to know about a technical detailes of about wires.

50cc scooter is very useful for get a mileage.
07-27-2012 08:41 AM