Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Killer DIY Bubbler Design
Zipstor Offline

Killer DIY Bubbler Design
Hello there,

I have been working on making bubblers in the last few days and have tried a few things. The goal of my researches is to build something at low cost that makes small bubbles spread evenly through the chamber. The smaller the bubbles, the more surface area. That's what you want if you need to clean your gas output or dilute vapors in order to cool down the flame if you are making a torch (That's what I'm doing).

- Air stones: The bubbles comes from a small end and are released at an angle that makes them to meet and form bug bubbles.. No good.

- Hose loop with holes in it. It works sort of okay but its hard to slit equal holes manually so you end up with an uneven result. Poor.

- Reversed shower head. Thats the real deal. It fits nice inside a 90mm PVC pipe, makes small bubbles and regarding the holes are evenly spaced and spitted out vertically, they hardly merge. So they travel from the bottom to the top at a decent size.

Here are some pictures of the bubbler I just made. The glue is not set yet but couldn't wait to share my discovery.

$8 Australian dollars for the PVC parts, including storm-water (90mm) pipe, the base is part of a floor drain.
$18 for the shower head
$5 For the epoxy glue

Cheap and as effective as a bubbler (scrubber) can get.

[Image: 12042010296.jpg]
[Image: 12042010297.jpg]
[Image: 12042010300.jpg]

>> http://brownsgas.com
04-11-2010 11:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
spinlocker Offline

RE: Killer DIY Bubbler Design
Nice design! I believe I'll try it. Perhaps it will solve one of my bubbler issues. I am currently using a mason jar, with a vertical tube into the water and a few holes in that. I have a problem with it I'd like to fix: mainly, after 15 minutes of use or so, half the water is gone from the bubbler, and it isn't being sucked back into the HHO unit or getting into the motor.
06-10-2010 09:23 AM
thomasbala Offline

(06-10-2010 09:23 AM)spinlocker Wrote:  Nice design! I believe I'll try it. Perhaps it will solve one of my bubbler issues. I am currently using a mason jar, with a vertical tube into the water and a few holes in that. I have a problem with it I'd like to fix: mainly, after 15 minutes of use or so, half the water is gone from the bubbler, and it isn't being sucked back into the HHO unit or getting into the motor.
If the water in your bubbler isn't going back into the cell and isn't leaking out the only place for it to go is in the motor!
06-10-2010 01:33 PM
spinlocker Offline

I replaced the line from the bubbler to the air horn with a 6 foot piece, coiled vertically. Drove about 15miles in town to test. The first coil had water, the next two moisture. Got something wrong somewhere. Thanks for the suggestion.
06-11-2010 07:05 AM