Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LIquid gas to vapor conversion a mix
think411 Offline

RE: LIquid gas to vapor conversion a mix
Great video Rpatzer.
Thanks for showing the rig and explaining.
Now I would like to know how things are going over a year later after posting your last post.
Any changes? Improvements in the rig?
Have been fooling around with a few rigs myself seeing what works and what doesn't.
Like to hear any updates you may have.
07-27-2016 08:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rpatzer Offline

(07-27-2016 08:04 PM)think411 Wrote:  Great video Rpatzer.
Thanks for showing the rig and explaining.
Now I would like to know how things are going over a year later after posting your last post.
Any changes? Improvements in the rig?
Have been fooling around with a few rigs myself seeing what works and what doesn't.
Like to hear any updates you may have.
I gave up on the liquid conversion to total vapor. But I have been enjoying 26-28 mpg combo driving and 38 mpg trip mileage. But here is my report on the smog situation. As you know in CA you have to take your car to stock before they will smog you. I did a "failure" test to get the numbers with the vaporizer hooked up. Then I had to strip it down to stock to get the "pass" test numbers. With the vaporizer hooked up I improved my numbers in the HC and Co category, but the NO numbers were slightly higher, but still under max.
The biggest improvement with the vaporizer was in the 25mph test with the greatest decrease in pollution.
With the MPG unit it is a constant drip rate. It appears at slower speeds it is not as efficient as at higher speeds. I have already reduced the drips suggestion from 10 drops/liter/minute (22 for my car) to half that. Since most of my driving is combo rather than good freeway driving (LA traffic), I will cut the 10 to 5 and see what happens.
Smog results: Stock- HC- 56/32/ CO- .14/.07, NO- 358/176
Vaporizer-HC- 39/10, CO- .10/.04, NO- 401/188
All numbers are w/i max range. First number represents 15mph and second represents 25mph. This is for a 97 Accord 2.2L, V TECH with 194,000 miles.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2016 12:11 AM by rpatzer.)
12-21-2016 12:08 AM
rpatzer Offline

Update: Since I took off the vaporizer for smog purposes I decided to run tests w/o the vaporizer. My check engine lite for the ERG valve came on. The mechanic replaced the valve, light still on, so I cleaned out the "passages". They were plugged. Freeway tests showed 37 MPG and regular driving (freeway+city) showed 26 MPG. This is basically what I was getting with the vaporizer. Apparently with the "passages" opened up, the recycled fumes duplicated the vaporizer readings.
Now I am trying, vaporizer reinstalled, to achieve 40 MPG on the freeway.
03-24-2017 06:44 AM
think411 Offline

So it sounds like the vapor effort was a no go.
Well there are supposedly some who have tried with success but we dont know them personally so who knows.
Lots of people people post when they first hook it up and see some results but then disappear. My guess is they found the system did not work long term but the viewer/reader is left hanging to the real results.
At least you gave us the full story here for which I thank you for.
Hey, you dont know unless you try.
I tried the HCS with limited success. It did work for 10-15 second intervals now and then and I am left guessing if it was the computer, copper, gas formulation here in the states or some other hidden problem that didnt give me the long term success others have had.
Thanks again for keeping us posted.
04-22-2017 04:35 PM
rpatzer Offline

My daily driving is slightly improved, but I am still waiting to get a good freeway test. It is hard in LA.
04-23-2017 06:01 PM