Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LPM vs. Engine L
stl_hemi Offline

LPM vs. Engine L
This is thinking out loud. But after working on my wife's 2.0l 4 cyl 08 Caliber and my 5.7L Hemi Ram I'm thinking that for every L of Engine size you need 1 LPM of Hydroxy. What eveyone else's thought on this?
At cold start on the gas pig I'm making 3 1/2lpm at 20 amps.
Working on a dry cell setup for the wife's Cali that produces 2lpm at 10 amps in a parrallel. I doubt her ride has more tha a 105amp alt.

Paul
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 QC Hemi Off Road
5" of lift with 35" Super Swamper SSR's

Trucks forsale
Buying a 2010 Ram 3500 Mega CTD Smile
12-09-2008 04:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: LPM vs. Engine L
I don't think it's that simple. I think engine load is a part of it too.

A little 4 cyl Honda might be happy with 1 LPM, but a 4 cyl 4wd suv will need closer to 2 LPM. I suspect you need to use engine size and weight in your formula.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
12-09-2008 04:30 PM
Yodamaker Offline

You know, I can't remember where I saw the charts on the intake volumes based on engine size. Once you have that, you apply the air fuel ratios and take the volume of the fuel and apply the HHO volume to get the percentage of HHO to fuel then adjust/lower fuel ratio (through sensors) to give equilbrium to the AFR and that should give you the info you need to calculate appropriate production levels.

You should be fine with drawing up to 20-25 amps in the car. But I did have to turn off the system tonight while I was driving around town. I had the windshield wipers, headlights, defroster fan, and the cell all running and after getting stuck at a long light, had the screaming realization that I neeed to tighten my alternator belt again. lol.

89 Ford Probe 4cyl 51mpg/hwy
http://www.greatertech.com
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2008 04:48 PM by Yodamaker.)
12-09-2008 04:48 PM
alpha-dog Offline

stl_hemi Wrote:This is thinking out loud. But after working on my wife's 2.0l 4 cyl 08 Caliber and my 5.7L Hemi Ram I'm thinking that for every L of Engine size you need 1 LPM of Hydroxy. What eveyone else's thought on this?
At cold start on the gas pig I'm making 3 1/2lpm at 20 amps.
Working on a dry cell setup for the wife's Cali that produces 2lpm at 10 amps in a parrallel. I doubt her ride has more tha a 105amp alt.

I've read that before that you need 1Lpm for every liter of engine. That would mean you and I would need 6Lpm for our Hemi's. I'm going to build a test generator to find out about resonance, but also I'm adding pwm's to my dry cell and about 5 more plates. Straight DC I should pull about 65~70 amps. I'm hoping for under 40amps with the pwm's.
By the way that CTS is a SOB to get to. I've only done the IAT so far.
Russ
12-09-2008 05:03 PM
stl_hemi Offline

Told ya Russ. It's in a tight spot. I'd have to check the Pin info on the ECM for a better place to tap into for ya.

Paul

Trucks forsale
12-09-2008 05:06 PM
stl_hemi Offline

O and the lil Cali has a 120 amp alt I found out.

Paul

Trucks forsale
12-09-2008 05:07 PM
stl_hemi Offline

colchiro Wrote:I don't think it's that simple. I think engine load is a part of it too.

A little 4 cyl Honda might be happy with 1 LPM, but a 4 cyl 4wd suv will need closer to 2 LPM. I suspect you need to use engine size and weight in your formula.

Man why can't it be easy?
Ugh 3000lbs of car (could be less). 2.0L World engine. CVT tranny. NICE.
Hmmm I can't Imagine this lil car needs more then 2lpm.

Paul

Trucks forsale
12-09-2008 05:23 PM
Gary Offline

I couldn't find the chart I was looking for: had or have a spreadsheet for that somewhere. Here's a neat calc I found tho:

http://www.martin02.com/~lutherp/TCECalc.html
12-09-2008 05:59 PM
jriggs_18 Offline

colchiro Wrote:I don't think it's that simple. I think engine load is a part of it too.

I agree, I dont think its as simple as saying - ok i have a 5.7 liter, so I need 5.7 lpm. I think one thing you have to look at is overall amp draw. Most of you guys are gasser guys, i am a diesel guy. gas is for washing parts and starting fires, lol j/k diesel works better for starting fires than gas, but seriously i think you have to know how youre particular engine is constructed and designed to determine the right amount of gas. It has been said before that hemi-spherical heads tend to work better with hho than flat head engines, but I think it all boils down to the right amount of gas to improve combustion, and once the right amount of hho is being injected, any hho after that becomes a fuel and not a catalyst. Once you start using hho as fuel you will not improve mpgs due to the electrolysis inefficencies unless you acheive OU.

IMO less is better if youre using hho as a catalyst

Im looking at several options i want to explore with OU, but right now we are still in the infancy stage and true knowledge is limited and somewhat being kept proprietary
12-11-2008 05:32 AM
colchiro Offline

With a diesel, (they flow more) I'd shoot for a little extra, maybe closer to 8 LPM. You can always dilute it and cut back if needed.

OTOH, if you get better advice from someone who's running the same engine, go for it.Wink

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2008 09:45 PM by colchiro.)
12-12-2008 09:44 PM