Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lastest news on upstream and downstream o2's for the Dodge's
stl_hemi Offline

Lastest news on upstream and downstream o2's for the Dodge's
OK.........Some of you know I had a issue mid last week with my drycells. One day I had 20 amps kicking in a series or 3 drycells and the next I was only able to run one. Burned up my lye. So on to the news.
Up till that point I had bank1 o2's set at 175mv and Bank2 o2's set to 185mv. Or as close as I could get to those anyway. At the 1/2 tank mark I had gone 315 miles. I have a 34 gallon tank. 31 gallons is what my fuel gauage is set for at E. Now had this tank gone as planned and I not had a issue with the elyte and the freezing of my drycells this would have been a 20mpg tank for me. Best guess anyway. But I had to pull the system and flush it plus I spent 1 hour idiling so I burned 1/4 of a tank just parked.

I'll post the numbers every Monday in this thread. But this is winter time guys. So I'm kinda possitive my numbers are going to very from week to week. With the change in weather.

Here's the test rig btw.
[Image: DSC02185.JPG]

My truck get's 13mpg in the winter and 15mpg in the summer both numbers are with no HHO. And this is not a MDS Hemi either.

Paul
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 QC Hemi Off Road
5" of lift with 35" Super Swamper SSR's

Trucks forsale
Buying a 2010 Ram 3500 Mega CTD Smile
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2008 03:33 PM by stl_hemi.)
12-01-2008 03:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Lastest news on upstream and downstream o2's for the Dodge's
Is it an electric car? I see a cord.Wink

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
12-02-2008 04:23 AM
hygear Offline

Stlhemi do you plan on increasing the mv past what you are at now? Or are you going to stay with the 175/185mv settings?

My 1500 Ram Hemi also has a 34 gal. tank and last week driving to a job I had that was 200 miles one way I went 270 miles(the best I've ever done)on a half tank.This is with the newly installed pre cat efie set at only 80mv(high as I can go without setting code until I install a second efie for the post cats).

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quadcab 4x4 5.7 hemi
12-02-2008 06:33 AM
mike Offline

hygear Wrote:Stlhemi do you plan on increasing the mv past what you are at now? Or are you going to stay with the 175/185mv settings?

My 1500 Ram Hemi also has a 34 gal. tank and last week driving to a job I had that was 200 miles one way I went 270 miles(the best I've ever done)on a half tank.This is with the newly installed pre cat efie set at only 80mv(high as I can go without setting code until I install a second efie for the post cats).

Wow. I've never heard of having to keep an EFIE that low. Forgive me if I've asked you this in another thread or email, but did you replace your front oxy sensors? One of the symptoms of a bad sensor is that you can't add much EFIE voltage without throwing a code. Oh, and what's the code say?

Since getting our Alldata subscription (online information service for auto mechanics), we have been finding more and more vehicles that are using the post cat sensors as part of fuel trim calculations. It's a minority of the vehicles for sure, but there's definitely some that are doing it.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
12-02-2008 08:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AlexR Offline

mike Wrote:Since getting our Alldata subscription (online information service for auto mechanics), we have been finding more and more vehicles that are using the post cat sensors as part of fuel trim calculations. It's a minority of the vehicles for sure, but there's definitely some that are doing it.

Mike,

Could you list the vehicles that you know of that are using the post-cat sensors for fuel trim calculations?

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2008 02:38 PM by AlexR.)
12-02-2008 02:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stl_hemi Offline

colchiro Wrote:Is it an electric car? I see a cord.Wink

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted.

Nope....I found out that with the block heater pluged it when it drops below freezing at night it takes less time to heat up for starters but I also waste less fuel aswell with a warm engine. Also their is a heating pan on my tray that holds my drycells now. Lil 75watt ATV oil heater. This keeps the drycells warm and the elyte un froze aswell. Smile

Paul

Trucks forsale
12-02-2008 02:46 PM
stl_hemi Offline

hygear Wrote:Stlhemi do you plan on increasing the mv past what you are at now? Or are you going to stay with the 175/185mv settings?

Mid 17's is nice ain't it. Smile
You can do better though. Wink
I'll increase it some aslong as I'm happy with my wideband readings. You have to remember also. I have a CAI, Borla exhaust and JBA Headers on this truck plus a e-fan. So I'm over 400hp on this truck and I'm running 93 octane. I tried 87 with hho but I would get knock retard of more than 5 when going up the same hills I ran on 93 and I got none. I really need to dump my 4.10's for 4.56's.

Paul

Trucks forsale
12-02-2008 02:54 PM
stl_hemi Offline

AlexR Wrote:
mike Wrote:Since getting our Alldata subscription (online information service for auto mechanics), we have been finding more and more vehicles that are using the post cat sensors as part of fuel trim calculations. It's a minority of the vehicles for sure, but there's definitely some that are doing it.

Mike,

Could you list the vehicles that you know of that are using the post-cat sensors for fuel trim calculations?
All most all of the Diamler Chrysler line up from 03 up has this setup and Every DCX has it for sure from 05 up.
Dodge, Chrysler & Jeep.
But DCX is the only one I think (not 100%) to do the goofed up voltage setup on the o2's.

Paul

Trucks forsale
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2008 02:58 PM by stl_hemi.)
12-02-2008 02:57 PM
hygear Offline

mike Wrote:
hygear Wrote:).

Wow. I've never heard of having to keep an EFIE that low. Forgive me if I've asked you this in another thread or email, but did you replace your front oxy sensors? One of the symptoms of a bad sensor is that you can't add much EFIE voltage without throwing a code. Oh, and what's the code say?

Since getting our Alldata subscription (online information service for auto mechanics), we have been finding more and more vehicles that are using the post cat sensors as part of fuel trim calculations. It's a minority of the vehicles for sure, but there's definitely some that are doing it.

Mike I replaced both precats O2s about 10k miles ago.The reason I can't go over 90mv is that ecm is detecting the added voltage on the precats but not on the postcats.The voltage difference seems to be the problem.The same as Stlhemis truck was that was also setting the same P2097 PCM code.I'll be ordering my second efie tomorrow for the postcats to correct the problem.

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quadcab 4x4 5.7 hemi
12-03-2008 02:22 PM
stl_hemi Offline

hygear DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.
Smile

I have no doubt you can get to 20mpg. Your 1500 is almost 800-1000lbs lighter then mine.

Paul

Trucks forsale
12-03-2008 02:39 PM