Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lexus V8 issues
cruehl92 Offline

Lexus V8 issues
Hopefully y'all can shed some light on this- We installed an HHO generator and EFIE s on a Lexus SUV add ran the gamut on the EFIES from .160 to .350 and are getting a recurrent P0125 code saying that the coolant temp was too low to run on closed loop.
Any ideas?
06-06-2008 07:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Lexus V8 issues
I'm pretty sure that the Lexus has AFR (air fuel ratio) sensors, not oxygen sensors. EFIEs don't work with AFR sensors. You should read the following:

What Do I Need To Know About My Oxygen Sensor?

If it is an AFR sensor, then read Tuning For Mileage from my documents section for the handling for that.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-07-2008 12:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cruehl92 Offline

mike Wrote:I'm pretty sure that the Lexus has AFR (air fuel ratio) sensors, not oxygen sensors. EFIEs don't work with AFR sensors. You should read the following:

What Do I Need To Know About My Oxygen Sensor?

If it is an AFR sensor, then read Tuning For Mileage from my documents section for the handling for that.

Actually it had O2 sensors and we got it running at 27mpg hwy from 17.
We did have a code that was a little weird though. It was PO125, coolant temp too low for closed loop. Any suggestions?
06-07-2008 06:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

Yes, do a mod to your coolant temp sensor as per Tuning For Mileage. You may be able to raise that mileage a bit more too.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-08-2008 11:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply