Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Looking for a circuit breaker
chris0147 Offline

Looking for a circuit breaker
Hi guys,

I am about to set up a small test of hho on demand. I have got everything in my needs which I have got the 15A wiring, crimp terminals that will work with 15A wiring, a container for the wet-cell, 6 cell and a battery, but I need a circuit breaker. I am looking for a 15A circuit breaker that will protect the current from being overload and it will also protect the battery to avoid them being weaken or damage. There are a lot of different type of breaker which I don't know what one I should go for. I only want a breaker that will protect the circuitry from being overload and protect the battery to avoid them being weaken or damage, but I am not sure if i do need a breaker that come with wire and a reset switch. Do you know what type of breaker that I want for a small hho test?

If you could send me the link of a UK site for that breaker, I would be so grateful. I don't think I would have that type of breaker I want in my local store.

Thanks in advance!
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2011 11:32 AM by chris0147.)
03-29-2011 11:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Looking for a circuit breaker
Actually, you're auto parts store will definitely have a circuit breaker. I would get one that is manually reset. In other words, if the breaker breaks, then you have to actually reset it manually for it to pass current again.

Failing that, just google for auto parts in your country. There will be plenty of them.

Here's one from a US company that would work fine: http://order.waytekwire.com/products2/M5...rotection/

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-29-2011 09:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chris0147 Offline

Ah thanks for your help. I am going to buy one in my own country. I now understand why I need a manually reset. So my question is how I would know that if the breaker is breaks?

And the other questions is would I need a wire to connect to the breaker and where I should connect the breaker in the series?

Thanks in advance.
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2011 08:25 AM by chris0147.)
03-30-2011 08:24 AM
bsmart Offline

(03-30-2011 08:24 AM)chris0147 Wrote:  Ah thanks for your help. I am going to buy one in my own country. I now understand why I need a manually reset. So my question is how I would know that if the breaker is breaks?

And the other questions is would I need a wire to connect to the breaker and where I should connect the breaker in the series?

Thanks in advance.

chris, yes you want the breaker in series with the battery and cell. You will know when the breaker has tripped/ breaks, when the cell stops making HHO gas. You can look in the wet cell you've shown earlier and see if there is gas being generated. No white foamy look (clear water) no gas, no current flow.
03-30-2011 09:20 AM
chris0147 Offline

Thanks for the quick response bsmart. I got this now as I understand what you are saying.

I have got few questions for you: should I connect the breaker between the battery and the cell? how i could measure the clamp multimeter when I want to find out how much amps I could draws in the current? and the last question is should I use the stainless steel bolts in the container and connected between the wire from the battery and the cell?
03-30-2011 09:29 AM
mike Offline

You might want to check out this article. It will help you visualize the power going to the cell from the battery, and where the circuit breaker should go. It will also include a relay to turn the cell on and off, and make sure it is only running when the engine is running.

If you want to know if the circuit breaker has popped open, you can add an indicator light inside your passenger compartment. Any light or LED that is designed to run on 12 volts will do. Just take power from the circuit downstream from your breaker for your light, and then ground from anywhere. Then if the circuit breaker opens, your light will go out.

Here's the article: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/safe-power-control

Visit Our Documents Page
03-30-2011 10:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chris0147 Offline

(03-30-2011 10:26 PM)mike Wrote:  You might want to check out this article. It will help you visualize the power going to the cell from the battery, and where the circuit breaker should go. It will also include a relay to turn the cell on and off, and make sure it is only running when the engine is running.

If you want to know if the circuit breaker has popped open, you can add an indicator light inside your passenger compartment. Any light or LED that is designed to run on 12 volts will do. Just take power from the circuit downstream from your breaker for your light, and then ground from anywhere. Then if the circuit breaker opens, your light will go out.

Here's the article: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/safe-power-control

what do you mean by check out the article? i want to know that if the electrical will get through the bolts while if it will works because the bolts are stainless steel? if the electrical wouldn't work to get through the bolts when i increase the amps then i would connect the wires from the battery to the cell, so what is your suggests? i don't really need the lights anyway, because i will be using the cell - if i don't see the bubber then i will know why. Hope the problem I had will be a fixed. Cheers!
03-31-2011 12:48 PM
mike Offline

You started this thread with questions about how to hook up a circuit breaker. The diagram in the article show you a basic HHO circuit, including a circuit breaker, and I thought it would help you. It doesn't have anything to do with bolts.

I actually don't understand your question completely, but this may answer it. Stainless steel will conduct electricity just fine. Most HHO cells have plates made out of stainless steel. So the bolts will conduct. For all practical purposes you can think of them like you would a copper wire. The current will flow through them.

Visit Our Documents Page
03-31-2011 03:54 PM
chris0147 Offline

thanks mike, this is what I wanted the answer. Now last thing that I would like to know, how I could soldering of the crocodile clips connect with the wires? if you could send me the link of the video\tutorial then i would appreciate it.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2011 05:23 PM by chris0147.)
04-04-2011 05:21 PM