Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Low output with hho generator
Handy Offline

Sad Low output with hho generator
Hello all, well it's been about 4 months since I bought my efie and had gone over all the in's and out's to make sure it was installed properly on my 1990 geo metro with the big ol 1.0 liter 3 banger. It seems to be doing it's job but my problem now it seems after many different designs that I cannot produce more than a 1/4 liter per minute and at the last design was at 14 amp to do it. So I have been going down hill as my first design only used about 12amps for 1/4 liter. I know that is not enough. So I'm pretty much at a stand still on wet cells. Does anyone know much about the dry cells and there estimated output per minute. It would be nice to get one that produces about 1 liter per minute without smacking my poor ol alternator around with high amps. I do not have a pocket full of money so that said, if any of you know of a good dry cell setup please let me know.

Thanks Richard Big Grin
08-31-2011 06:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Quebecker Offline

RE: Low output with hho generator
HI,

With your geo metro 1.0 liter, you need approx. 0.25 to 0.5 LPM HHO gas

But definitely, your HHO reactor is not optimal. Mine (homemade) dry cell is set (with CCPWM) to produce 0.7 LPM at 10 amp. 20% NaOH

-----------
Remi

"Excuse my poor english, Google is my friend"
09-01-2011 04:40 AM
mike Offline

(08-31-2011 06:54 PM)Handy Wrote:  Hello all, well it's been about 4 months since I bought my efie and had gone over all the in's and out's to make sure it was installed properly on my 1990 geo metro with the big ol 1.0 liter 3 banger. It seems to be doing it's job but my problem now it seems after many different designs that I cannot produce more than a 1/4 liter per minute and at the last design was at 14 amp to do it. So I have been going down hill as my first design only used about 12amps for 1/4 liter. I know that is not enough. So I'm pretty much at a stand still on wet cells. Does anyone know much about the dry cells and there estimated output per minute. It would be nice to get one that produces about 1 liter per minute without smacking my poor ol alternator around with high amps. I do not have a pocket full of money so that said, if any of you know of a good dry cell setup please let me know.

Thanks Richard Big Grin

14 amps is way too much for that small engine. 1/4 liter per minute should take about 5 amps. You will have to solve that problem before you will get good mileage gains. You need a cell that's more efficient.

You can good cells at a couple of sites: dry-cells.com advancedhho.com

The smallest dry cell that they make will work fine for your 1 liter engine. Don't run it at over 10 amps. 8 amps will probably be plenty.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
09-01-2011 10:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Handy Offline

Yup you are right. It was my first attempt to build my own and I had some fun with it but now I would really like to get this thing finished and see some gains. Thanks for the info. I will take a look at it when I get the time after work.

Thanks Richard
09-01-2011 11:05 AM
amos33 Offline

(09-01-2011 11:05 AM)Handy Wrote:  Yup you are right. It was my first attempt to build my own and I had some fun with it but now I would really like to get this thing finished and see some gains. Thanks for the info. I will take a look at it when I get the time after work.

Thanks Richard

Hi Richard,

I am using a 11 plate dry cell from http://www.hho2u.com. They have videos so you can do comparisons with other sellers and see the output and the amps requied. But check all the sites you can then decide. Good luck.

I am a Christian
09-01-2011 07:03 PM
Handy Offline

Big GrinThank you for your post. I will be checking that out. I'm sure I will find one that will meet my needs. Thank you all for your imput.

Richard
09-02-2011 09:22 AM