Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lowe's Wall Plate Dry Cell
hydrogenpro Offline

RE: Lowe's Wall Plate Dry Cell
LOL...did it done it...can't get the production you need out of the plates (and they dissolve). Straight and flat is the way to go. The best design out there seems to be the 20 plate design...doesn't get hot, no red sludge, and kicks ass. If you haven't gone there check out http://www.hydrogenparts.net as they sell everything related to hydrogen generators including KOH.
10-09-2008 12:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lancewon7 Offline

cjpeaceful Wrote:yo dud check out smack booster. its the same thing! he got the idea from smack! no genius
That's right!

I've been following this guy over at HHO Forums, goes by the name of Painless, and he has built a dry cell out of wall plates! Seven wall plates! Words escape me regarding his build. I would suggest everyone interested in building a dry cell check out this guys thread. He also has a channel over on You Tube by the same user name.

It's just amazing what this guy has done with the knowledge, tools, and talents he's aquired just over the past summer months!
10-09-2008 02:30 PM
hydrotinkerer Offline

hydrogenpro Wrote:LOL...did it done it...can't get the production you need out of the plates (and they dissolve). Straight and flat is the way to go. The best design out there seems to be the 20 plate design...doesn't get hot, no red sludge, and kicks ass. If you haven't gone there check out http://www.hydrogenparts.net as they sell everything related to hydrogen generators including KOH.

My plates are straight and flat. Now what kind of smack are you going to talk about? 500mlpm out of a gen with a surface area of 2.25" x 4.25" per plate. For a $15 build I wasn't shooting for the stars. Just wanted to see how efficient it would be.

lancewon7

Yo dude do you know the difference between dry cell and smack booster? No genius!
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2008 05:21 AM by hydrotinkerer.)
10-09-2008 03:22 PM
DodgeViper Offline

hydrotinkerer Wrote:
hydrogenpro Wrote:LOL...did it done it...can't get the production you need out of the plates (and they dissolve). Straight and flat is the way to go. The best design out there seems to be the 20 plate design...doesn't get hot, no red sludge, and kicks ass. If you haven't gone there check out http://www.hydrogenparts.net as they sell everything related to hydrogen generators including KOH.

My plates are straight and flat. Now what kind of smack are you going to talk about? 500mlpm out of a gen with a surface area of 2" x 2.5" per plate.

lancewon7

Yo dude do you know the difference between dry cell and smack booster? No genius!

In checking with three different companies who make Stainless Wall plates none of them are made with 316L stainless. So he will have problems down the road...

[Image: Hydrogen%20Powered.jpg]
2002 Dodge Quad Cab 4x4 Ram
4.7L EFI
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2008 04:15 PM by DodgeViper.)
10-09-2008 04:00 PM
sroll42507 Offline

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the only difference between a 304SS and a 316SS plate is that the 316 has a higher carbon content, the 316 just being harder causing a better skin affect during conduction??
11-11-2008 08:05 PM