Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lowes Plate Dry Cell the Third!! *NEWEST pics + vids + LEDs pg. 6!!*
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

Lowes Plate Dry Cell the Third!! *NEWEST pics + vids + LEDs pg. 6!!*
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT PAGE 6 FOR THE NEWEST PICTURES AND VIDEOS OF THE AWESOME LED AND CUSTOM ENGRAVING MOD!!

Howdy everyone!! I decided that I have to be more active on this forum (even Gary passed me!!), so what better way than to start by announcing my newest invention? I bring to you all, the newest, most improved of the Lowes Dry Cell (LDC) line. The innovative, yet sleek and sexy interface, LDC III!!! That's right folks, you heard me loud and clear. Step right up and be one of the first to preview the amazing LDC III!

With it's new not-so-patent-pending design, the LDC III becomes the leader of the pack in Lowes switch plate history. Featuring an amazing 10 switch plates, this dry cell outperforms the rest! All you need are some simple spade connectors attached to a 14 gauge line, and this puppy is ready to fire up! When active, the generator charges itself and runs at a revolutionary charge, ++nnnnnnn-. Why that setup, you ask? Because we were forced to run that way...err I mean... it's a result of over 500 years of research and development!!

If you call today, the LDC III can be yours for only 5 small payments of $599.99!! But wait, there's more! If you call within the next ten minutes, we'll throw in a Limited Edition LDC III bubbler absolutely FREE!! That's a $299 value, yours for a fraction of the cost! Call now.

***Some side effects may occur. Please contact your local physician before purchasing. This product is known in the state of California to cause Cancer and other birth defects. Wash your hands before use. Do not consume this product or anything that touches this product.***

Ok everyone, here are the vids! My output with 5 plates (doubled spacing to 1/8") was .45LPM @7.4A cold. More news later!!

LDC III pt. 1
LDC III pt. 2

[Image: P1000322.jpg]
[Image: P1000323.jpg]
[Image: P1000324.jpg]
[Image: P1000325.jpg]
[Image: P1000327.jpg]
[Image: P1000317.jpg]
[Image: P1000320.jpg]
[Image: P1000326.jpg]

More pictures can be found HERE.

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2008 10:20 PM by RDKamikaze.)
12-16-2008 08:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hydrotinkerer Offline

RE: Lowes Plate Dry Cell the Third!!
Hey that looks good Rd, But mine is bigger than yours!! I could not resist saying that.

Have you put power to it yet? Mine will only produce with 5 neutrals. I think you might have to take some out. Unless your going to run more than 12-14volts. I'm not going to question your R&D department though.
12-16-2008 08:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RDKamikaze Offline

It's not the size of it that matters, it's how you use it that counts Wink .

Well I'm going to test it on an empty car battery I found in a minute. Stay tuned!

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

12-16-2008 09:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RDKamikaze Offline

Ok, so I connected it and the generator didn't do anything. No HHO, no cycling water, no nothing. There was voltage going in and out of the cell though. I tested the connections with a voltmeter and it read 17V wit the engine on.

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

12-16-2008 09:53 AM
hydrotinkerer Offline

Try shorting 2-3 neutrals that will bring the volts per cell up and I bet it will kick start it.
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2008 10:22 AM by hydrotinkerer.)
12-16-2008 10:17 AM
RDKamikaze Offline

hydrotinkerer Wrote:Try shorting 2-3 neutrals that will bring the volts per cell up and I bet it will kick start it.

So you're saying connect the middle three neutrals (for example) together so they act as one big one? Just connect them with a wire or what? Should I just take out a couple neutrals, would that work too?

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

12-16-2008 10:27 AM
rudagray Offline
Collaboration is the Key to Success!

I think too many neutrals, but if you are at 17V maybe just need to up the electrolyte concentration- I've been away a long time- decided I am waiting for warmer weather and to not have to work with modified electrolyte to prevent freezing...Also home projects and staying inside have moved up the honey-dew list. Also Gas prices less than 40% of their summer highs have helped and made the return on my investment and savings expected much longer and less.

Glad to see you are still active, maybe I'll look through threads and see latest results...any links to videos and or a quick summary/history of what you had and now have in the car...maybe youtube video history gives it all though, if you kept up on them.

Always remember there is a fine line between genius and insanity, so don't cross it.
Wile E. Coyote never learned and he was a SUPER GENIUS! Roadrunner made him insane.
If all great minds thought alike, we'd get nowhere, the differences can make us all prosper.
12-16-2008 10:46 AM
hydrotinkerer Offline

Right you can short them together or take some out. I thought shorting them would be easier to test first. The concentration of electrolite is a lot higher than bathtype cells also.
12-16-2008 12:12 PM
mrbillr Offline

Quote:++nnnnnnn-

Why the double positive? I would think +nnnnn- would be the optimum layout which would make it a 7 cell unit. But 17 volts maybe one extra neutral would work.
Looks impressive though. Hope to see your results soon.

MrBill
2008 f250 XLT 6.4 diesel 2x4 automatic extended cab
12-16-2008 12:26 PM
realtyroy Offline

I'm curious, how did you come up with the 17 volts? Didnt you say you were running off a battery. Even off the alternator you would only get about 14 volts.

I'm not doubting you I'm just curious.

RealtyRoy-HHO Scambuster
http://pmgen.com/hhoscambusters/

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7
2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
1964 Chev Impala SS 409 My baby!

A day is a day but the day I save gas is a good day!!
12-16-2008 12:45 PM