Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lowes stainless wall plates
scogop Offline

Toungue Lowes stainless wall plates
Has anyone here build a cell with the Lowes stainless wall plates, and is there any good plans out there for that?
Stevej
07-23-2008 09:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Terry_Dodson Offline

RE: Lowes stainless wall plates
The ones i have made are all made of Wall Plates from Lowes. I got the Smack Booster plans somewhere and sorta followed that (but only half as i only had room for a 3" piece of pipe in my car).
So far the electrolyte is still crystal clear on all of the ones i have made. I am using the lye from Lowes also.
07-23-2008 02:42 PM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

Are you talking about the wall plates that they use for light switches? Doing a quick search online I found this, is it what you're talking about? If so, I would love to see pictures of your design, Terry. Sounds interesting and cheap(ish)!

[Image: 032664436406md.jpg]

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
07-23-2008 03:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HydrogenConceptsUnlimited Offline

I just build a 5 Lowe's plate cell over the weekend; with the configuration like this:
-N+N- I only tested with a 2 or 6 amp charger; got some bubbles, made a bang with a BBQ lighter (the long kind). I need to get a battery (don't want to use the one in my only vehicle right now.) 2008 Ranger 4 cyl. It was a MAJOR pain in the butt running all around to find parts; mostly the nylon washers and screws that I found at ACE hardware! I mounted it all in a 6x6x4 electrical box from Cantex like this one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NCUVZE?smid...nkCode=asn I have not installed it in my vehicle, I have no EFIE unit yet. There is plenty of room under the hood for this box.

Hope my ramblings helped!

Mike
07-23-2008 03:13 PM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

Mike - Do you have any pictures of your setup, or could you get some? Also, could you remember (or get) a parts list of the nylon screws and washers you used? Thanks for your help!

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
07-23-2008 03:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RDK here's Smacks installation guide: http://smacksboosters.110mb.com/Smack.pdf and parts kit: http://smacksboosters.110mb.com/parts%20kit.pdf

He uses switch plates so a good way to get some cell construction ideas.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-23-2008 03:37 PM
CitatioN10 Offline

This is a cell I made last month , worked fairly well but maybe sure you use the heat shrink .it did help
07-23-2008 07:09 PM
Terry_Dodson Offline

RDKamikaze the ones i got are the blank plates, no square hole in the middle. but yep that is what i got (minus the hole in the middle). I dont have any pics of them. but pretty much followed half of a smack booster and put that in a piece of 3" PVC pipe, i did add an aquarium checkvalve so it could draw air in when it starts cooling down so it does not suck my bubbler water back into it, i also put an aquarium checkvalve at the input of the bubbler just to make sure it doesnt let water go back into my generator.
07-24-2008 04:25 AM
Gary Offline

HydrogenConceptsUnlimited: ...big name for a guy experimenting! Nothing like confidence tho!
I used an electrical box like the one you chose, to disastrous results. At 170 degrees F. it will warp out of shape and the lid will totally lose it's seal, and the damage is permanent. And that happened in a split second on the truck, being bench tested. I imagine it could slowly occur at a lower temperature.
The warping is actually worse than you can see in the pic, and the box itself is all blown out.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2008 04:57 AM by Gary.)
07-24-2008 04:56 AM
scogop Offline

Toungue Lowes stainless steel wall plates
Does anyone know of a good design for the Lowes stainless wall plates? Went to the smack web page and could not find any stainless wall plate design, just some guy about his 6 cell setup in his big old caddy, "I used t have an old caddy like that when I was a kid when gas was cheap, as a matter of fact I used to have a lot of hot rod gas hogs in my day". Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, thats what my kid says anyway.
Thanks people, having fun doing something new.
Stevej
07-24-2008 10:43 AM