Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MAF INFO NEEDED
Mrbluemoose Offline

MAF INFO NEEDED
I WANT TO START BY TELLING YOU ALL ABOUT THE TRUCK, THIS TRUCK IS A 2009 SILVERADO 2500 HD 4X4 .I HAVE A Quad Digital EFIE FROM FUELSAVER-MPG TO TREAT THE UPSTEAM AND DOWNSTREAM O2'S . I ALSO PUT A MAF DEVICE FROM SAME COMPANY INTO THE TRUCK. I HAVE A DIGITAL MAF BY THE WAY. IT WORKS BUT HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE TUNE IN BUT I GET A FUNNY READING FROM MY SCAN GAUGE II HERE'S A LINK TO A VIDEO NOT THE BEST BUT I IS HARD TO FILM AND DRIVE AT SAME TIME. WHAT THE VIDEO SHOWS IS ITS TELLING ME I GET 100 TO 500 MPG HAHA RIGHT THIS JUST HAPPEN WHEN I PUT THIS MAF DEVICE IN. IF ANYONE HAD THIS HAPPEN PLEASE DROP A NOTE THANKS

http://youtu.be/WwesHPTe6VA
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2011 05:30 PM by Mrbluemoose.)
05-23-2011 05:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: MAF INFO NEEDED
I have actually never tried to tune a car with both and EFIE AND a MAF. I usually always just use the EFIE.

I would turn the MAF off, and tune the EFIE. That will give you the best gains. If you still think there's more to be gotten after the EFIE is tuned, then you can try using the MAF enhancer too, but use it at a very low setting.

Now, from what you're saying, I suspect you either have the frequency MAP enhancer mis-installed, or have it set way too aggressively. Somehow you're confusing the computer. That is nearly always bad for gas mileage. So if you use the 2nd device, be sure it's installed correctly, and set it to a very low setting. If it still confuses the computer, don't use it.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-25-2011 08:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply