Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MAF sensor RESISTOR VALUE?
uberhho Offline

Exclamation MAF sensor RESISTOR VALUE?
How does one go about finding out which (X)Ohm resistor to use in the ENHANCER? Is there a database out there to plug in X? If not, lets get something going. We need to get this moving.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2008 01:11 AM by uberhho.)
12-17-2008 01:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

RE: MAF sensor RESISTOR VALUE?
uberhho Wrote:How does one go about finding out which (X)Ohm resistor to use in the ENHANCER? Is there a database out there to plug in X? If not, lets get something going. We need to get this moving.
MAF enhancers rarely work because the O2 sensors have the last word as far as what signal is sent from the ECU to the injectors. You need an EFIE [assuming you have narrow band O2 sensors] not a MAF enhanser. If you really want to play with resistors on a MAF enhanser use a variable resistor or potentiometer, about 0 to 10K should do. Radio Shack price: less than $3.00. Keep in mind also that MAF enhancers will make a ScanGauge report higher mpg than you're actually getting.
12-17-2008 06:42 PM
colchiro Offline

I'm with Thomas. Wink

OTOH, if you have a wide band O2, we should have them in a couple weeks. Ask Bruce to put you on a waiting list.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
12-17-2008 07:46 PM
autocraz Offline

WHAT I HAVE FOUND,MAP RIS BURN GAS.!!
I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON MY O2'S.THEY HAVE TO CHANGE ALL THE TIME.YOU CANNOT FIX A O2 READING? GOES INTO SAFE MODE.
WIN98? EVERYTIME!
GOT A NEW PLAN!! WILL GET BACK TO YOU.
12-17-2008 08:05 PM
autocraz Offline

autocraz Wrote:WHAT I HAVE FOUND,MAP RIS BURN GAS.!!
I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON MY O2'S.THEY HAVE TO CHANGE ALL THE TIME.YOU CANNOT FIX A O2 READING? GOES INTO SAFE MODE.
WIN98? EVERYTIME!
WORKING TO HARD
12-17-2008 08:11 PM
colchiro Offline

Auto, many people on the Internet think that posting in all caps is equivalent to shouting. You might get a better reception if you turned off the caps lock on your keyboard. Wink

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
12-17-2008 08:14 PM
thomasbala Offline

autocraz Wrote:WHAT I HAVE FOUND,MAP RIS BURN GAS.!!
WIN98? EVERYTIME!
Auto:
give us more info. Year, make, model, CID, CA emissin system? etc. The more info the board has the better they are to be able to solve your problem.
12-18-2008 05:46 PM
uberhho Offline

So are you saying in all cases the MAF sensor enhancer is useless?
12-19-2008 05:41 PM
colchiro Offline

Every sensor you mod tells the ecu it's ok to go a bit leaner. Like Thomas said, the o2 sensor is King and has the final word. If you have a wide band o2 and an efie isn't available, then you work with what you have, which often is as many sensors as you can and a maf/map sensor. That is why some people suggest a maf/map mod.

FWIW, wide band efies are becoming available so suggesting the maf/map is the only way to go is no longer good advice. Mike will have a wide band efie (efie 2) available early next month.

Rick

12-19-2008 05:55 PM
thomasbala Offline

uberhho Wrote:So are you saying in all cases the MAF sensor enhancer is useless?
Not in every case, just the ones I've tried and the experience of other posters on this board. I'm sure 99% of MAF enhanser users have had the same experience. Why don't you go to Radio Shack, buy one of their 10K ohm pots wire it series to the MAF output wire to the ECU and try it out. There's nothing like hands on try this, try that; maybe you'll discover something.
12-19-2008 07:45 PM