Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MAFe help
rocdoc Offline

MAFe help
I have a 2005 ford f250, 6.0 diesel. Mechanic said that the signal wire from my MAF was the tan with lt. blue stripe. This is the wire I hooked into my MAFe enhancer. I am running an HHO generator and wanting to adjust my fuel mix. I have the MAFe set up for a voltage type, switch 2 on, all others off. I am not able to get any adjustment from my unit....turning the adj. dials does not effect the idle at all. Is there a chance that the MAFe might be faulty and, if so, how can I tell?
05-25-2012 10:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: MAFe help
Very unlikely. They are all tested before shipping, and they really don't fail. However, measure the voltage on the signal wire you are using, and have someone press the gas pedal while you watch the voltages. The voltage should go from about 1 volt at idle, up to 3 or 4 volts at high RPMs, and should change precisely with engine RPMs. Just verify that you have the correct signal wire.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-25-2012 10:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rocdoc Offline

Well. I checked ALL the wires. I'm not getting anything at all on the wire I was told was the signal wire and the only other wires I'm able to get to read are a power in, 12 V wire and the wire I think is the Temp. signal, reads apx. 5 volts and does not change when the engine is revved. Maybe my MAF sensor is bad?
05-25-2012 11:45 AM
mike Offline

I guess. If you have a combined MAF and IAT, then you should have 5 wires. Did you check all 5?

Visit Our Documents Page
05-28-2012 08:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rocdoc Offline

Yes, I checked all SIX. Mine has 6 wires!
05-28-2012 09:06 AM
mike Offline

Ok, what voltages did you see on each wire?

Noe, you have to take the readings while he engine is running.

Visit Our Documents Page
05-28-2012 12:55 PM