Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MAP KIT
cstmwrks Offline

MAP KIT
Mike,
I just finished the install on the adjustable voltage regulator to feed <5V as needed to keep tuning things for better mileage. ANYHOW as I look at your super nifty EFIE cleanly mounted on the center console I can't help but think that you could offer this clean unit as a MAP package of some kind. It would be near perfect, the friction holes for the meter probes while you adjust the voltage and a dual switch that turns the unit on when you switch the MAP to the units power or back to the ECM when the unit is off.

Should you make your fame and fortune from this grand idea please remember me and maybe mail a prototype kit version for field testing!
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2008 06:12 PM by cstmwrks.)
04-22-2008 06:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: MAP KIT
That sound familiar. I asked for a version of the EFIE that was dash friendly and also proposed to test it.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
04-22-2008 06:26 PM
mike Offline

Haha. Once I make my fame and fortune, I'll forget ALL the little people who got me there! Laugh

I've been planning to do a MAP unit for a while. I hadn't considered a MAP Deluxe, but I guess it makes sense.

I will do something with that idea. Thanks.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-23-2008 01:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cstmwrks Offline

Well at least your up front about us little folks being left out!
04-23-2008 05:14 PM
mike Offline

Big Grin

Visit Our Documents Page
04-23-2008 06:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cstmwrks Offline

Been driving for a few days with 4.8 volts being feed to the MAP and all runs well and no CEL.
BOY ( hint ) it sure would be much ( hint ) easier to have the regulator in one of those cool ( hint ) boxes like the EFIE so you can adjust the output on the fly with ( hint ) your multimeter probes being held in place for you. ( hint, hint )
I have no idea how far down I can go on voltage but a CEL or crappy performance are the only hints I have to work with at this point.
04-25-2008 06:17 PM
mike Offline

Hmmm. I think someone's trying to tell me something... I wonder what it could be... Confused

Visit Our Documents Page
04-25-2008 06:38 PM
Zeek Offline

Here are a few pics of the one I built today. Only problem is I can only get it to turn down to 5.24 volts. I used all the part #'s that are listed on the tuning for mileage.
Is it possible to just put a variable resistor inline, one with a knob that you can just turn to lower the voltage a little at a time?

Thanks
Regards
Zeek

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-14-2008 06:27 PM
Zeek Offline

Well the electronic fairies must have come here last night as today when I started to look it all over and test it again, it works fine! I am not sure if I had the power to it hooked up backwards or what but it is working anyway.

I set it to 4.8 volts and installed it inline on the 5volt power line that goes to the MAP sensor. With a flip of the switch it will go back to the original voltage from the computer. Anyone have an idea of how far you can drop the voltage to lean out the AF ratio?

For right now it is installed under the hood and we will see how well it helps out with the MPG. If it does make a difference for the better I will go through the motions to mount it in the cab of the car.

Regards
Zeek
05-15-2008 08:09 AM
Glennjr Offline

Generally you see about .70 volts at idle(high vacuum = lean) and around 5 volts (low vacuum = rich). I would guess if you could lower the 5 volt input voltage by about 15 - 20 percent might work.
Glenn Jr.
05-15-2008 08:28 AM