Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MAP/MAF on VW Santana
learntcm Offline

MAP/MAF on VW Santana
I am installing a dry cell on VW Santana 2003 made for Chinese market. Its got the 4 wire 02 sensor and I managed to locate the signal wire and installed an EFIE. When it comes to MAP/MAF sensor, this car got a MAP or a MAF I dont know which but its got 4 wires rather than 3 I read in all the forums. Can any one tell me how to adjust the 4 wire MAP or MAF. Also on this car the timing is adjustable with distributor, so do I need to adjust the timing or not. From my feeling this car is like a semi ECU. I also have a scanguage11 but when I plug it in it wont connect. Any help would be welcome.

[font=Arial][/font]
06-05-2010 07:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HotRod Hybrids Offline

RE: MAP/MAF on VW Santana
1.)do you have the engine performance Circuit diagrams(showing all sensor wires going to computer)?
2.) you also will need the pin voltage values, or pin out chart.
If you could locate those, then I could point out whether your car is equipped with MAF or MAP and what you will need to adjust the sensor signal.
It's important to get a working scan tool, if your car is foreign and not compatible with generic scan tool equipment; maybe you could just order a scan tool online from another country.
i just searched (scan tool for VW Santana 2003) and found
http://www.gasgoo.com/TradeSearch/search...can%20tool
06-05-2010 11:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply