Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MAP and MAF sensors
HerronPerformance Offline

MAP and MAF sensors
Is the community aware of what these sensor provide to the computer and how their reading affect alot of things?

One example is the MAP, ie the load on the car, can affect transmission shift points and fluid pressure.

MAF is very important in fueling.

I ask this b/c I see these items being adjusted and maybe they are not being adjusted enough to hurt anything but it's a bit scary...more scary to me than the O2 adjustments b/c there is not back up for the MAP sensor, the MAF adjustment does have a KS circuit as back up I guess....

http://www.herronperformance.com
05-29-2008 09:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
whateg01 Offline

RE: MAP and MAF sensors
Well, I know my ol' truck has an AOD trans. The only control besides the gear shift is the TV cable. No ECU control at all. Newer vehicles will be different, though. My fuel pressure is determined directly by manifold vacuum. Timing - not sure about, but at worst would be a little retarded, never advanced, due to lower perceived vacuum.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2008 09:53 PM by whateg01.)
05-30-2008 09:51 PM
Robert Ameigh Offline

RE: MAP and MAF sensors
HerronPerformance Wrote:Is the community aware of what these sensor provide to the computer and how their reading affect alot of things?

One example is the MAP, ie the load on the car, can affect transmission shift points and fluid pressure.

MAF is very important in fueling.

I ask this b/c I see these items being adjusted and maybe they are not being adjusted enough to hurt anything but it's a bit scary...more scary to me than the O2 adjustments b/c there is not back up for the MAP sensor, the MAF adjustment does have a KS circuit as back up I guess....
05-31-2008 08:44 PM