Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MPG vaporizer
rpatzer Offline

MPG vaporizer
I have installed my MPG and have a few questions. I had the GLS on my Jeep and the settings worked for both city and freeway driving- I didn't need to adjust for either drive. I just talked to AGS tech and he said the MPG needs to be set for either city or freeway driving, with each one being the dominate style. But for LA and city driving, it is best to set for city driving.
1- For those who have the MPG, how open did you set your valve at the T connection? And how open did you set your adjustable screw at the vaporizer end?
I have an AFR meter installed and didn't go with the "drop test". I can tell how rich or lean by this meter. I don't have an EFIE hooked up. I am letting the car computer keep the correct ratio.
2- Those you have the MPG installed, do you do mostly city, freeway or combo driving?
I did set it for my freeway RPM which is 2800 and then on idle it ran too rich. How is everyone else setting theirs?
I normally get 30-32 mpg (Freeway)with my 97 Accord 5-speed VTEC. I will see what this vaporizer will do.
03-22-2013 01:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: MPG vaporizer
I can't answer your question, but I'm interested in your results. Please post them.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-23-2013 07:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rebell Offline

MPG vaporizer
(03-22-2013 01:16 PM)rpatzer Wrote:  I have installed my MPG and have a few questions. I had the GLS on my Jeep and the settings worked for both city and freeway driving- I didn't need to adjust for either drive. I just talked to AGS tech and he said the MPG needs to be set for either city or freeway driving, with each one being the dominate style. But for LA and city driving, it is best to set for city driving.
1- For those who have the MPG, how open did you set your valve at the T connection? And how open did you set your adjustable screw at the vaporizer end?
I have an AFR meter installed and didn't go with the "drop test". I can tell how rich or lean by this meter. I don't have an EFIE hooked up. I am letting the car computer keep the correct ratio.
2- Those you have the MPG installed, do you do mostly city, freeway or combo driving?
I did set it for my freeway RPM which is 2800 and then on idle it ran too rich. How is everyone else setting theirs?
I normally get 30-32 mpg (Freeway)with my 97 Accord 5-speed VTEC. I will see what this vaporizer will do.

rpatzer, just got a mercedes benz slk-classic roadster with a 5.5L V-8 six speed in it. I went from 28 mpg to 35 mpg on the highway with cruise control. That's a 25% increase in fuel economy. I bought and installed the Vaporizer mpg from the http://www.agsvaporizermpg.com website.
I also found out that AGS is looking to introduce and produce their first vaporizer for in town local commute driving with (get this) the A/C on and increase fuel economy. Not sure when they will introduce that one as, they plan on introducing that package through their website and through dealers from what their sales office said.
03-30-2013 10:12 AM
rpatzer Offline

rebell- I talked to AGS tech and he said the unit needs to be set for either freeway or city driving. If you set it for freeway, then on low speeds, it will floor due to the higher flow of fuel. I have it set low flow so it doesn't flood in city driving. I haven't done any freeway driving- I live in LA.
How did you set yours- for freeway or city?
I didn't set it with the "drop" method. I have an AFR meter and I make sure it is not too rich.
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2013 12:04 PM by rpatzer.)
03-30-2013 12:03 PM
rebell Offline

MPG vaporizer
(03-30-2013 12:03 PM)rpatzer Wrote:  rebell- I talked to AGS tech and he said the unit needs to be set for either freeway or city driving. If you set it for freeway, then on low speeds, it will floor due to the higher flow of fuel. I have it set low flow so it doesn't flood in city driving. I haven't done any freeway driving- I live in LA.
I didn't set it with the "drop" method. I have an AFR meter and I make sure it is not too rich.

rpatzer, I'm thinking on getting an EFIE like the directions show for troubled computer chips. I'm hoping I can go from my 7mpg increase to 10mpg or more.
We've been living the Denver area for the last eight months and I'm surprised at how well my system is doing in this Denver Traffic. Anyway, my adjustments were quick and simple as I did as the instructions call for.
We're actually from the LA basin area ourselves and our jobs have us here temporarily. Have the smog testers test your car yet? We just got our Colorado tests and we easily passed with flying colors.
Anyway, city driving - 2mpg increase and highway easily - 7mpg. That's why I lolok forward to their new one that is for universal commuting. Not sure if my NOX level was lowered by the Vaporizer or if my engine burns cleaner?
Thanks for checking in ...
04-01-2013 12:34 PM
rpatzer Offline

(04-01-2013 12:34 PM)rebell Wrote:  
(03-30-2013 12:03 PM)rpatzer Wrote:  rebell- I talked to AGS tech and he said the unit needs to be set for either freeway or city driving. If you set it for freeway, then on low speeds, it will floor due to the higher flow of fuel. I have it set low flow so it doesn't flood in city driving. I haven't done any freeway driving- I live in LA.

rpatzer, I'm thinking on getting an EFIE like the directions show for troubled computer chips. I'm hoping I can go from my 7mpg increase to 10mpg or more.
We've been living the Denver area for the last eight months and I'm surprised at how well my system is doing in this Denver Traffic. Anyway, my adjustments were quick and simple as I did as the instructions call for.
We're actually from the LA basin area ourselves and our jobs have us here temporarily. Have the smog testers test your car yet? We just got our Colorado tests and we easily passed with flying colors.
Anyway, city driving - 2mpg increase and highway easily - 7mpg. That's why I lolok forward to their new one that is for universal commuting. Not sure if my NOX level was lowered by the Vaporizer or if my engine burns cleaner?

As I recall, the instruction call for 2500rpm setting (drops) and that is usually freeway speed.
Does your car "flood" in the morning when you start it and does it run rough when you idle in the city? Mine did. That is why I set it for the city. I am playing with it to see how "open" I can set it before it starts to flood.
04-01-2013 10:12 PM
rebell Offline

MPG vaporizer
(04-01-2013 10:12 PM)rpatzer Wrote:  
(04-01-2013 12:34 PM)rebell Wrote:  

As I recall, the instruction call for 2500rpm setting (drops) and that is usually freeway speed.
Does your car "flood" in the morning when you start it and does it run rough when you idle in the city? Mine did. That is why I set it for the city. I am playing with it to see how "open" I can set it before it starts to flood.

rpatzer, mine did [run rough] till I reset the computer chip as the instructions said to do. It acted as if it woke up my computer to reread all the settings to find my vaporizer. Oh yeah, the 2,500rpm test was there but didn't use so, I let me 02s and computer chip find everything.
Yeah my engine tried flooding before i reset my computer chip as it made sense reading the instructions. That with the same fuel going in and the added vapors would overwhelm each combustion cylinder. That's where mine started running rough.
I probably have a newer car than you and therefore, I'm wondering if you might need to do your 02 cleaning the instructions also talks about? I had to do that on my wife's car before we traded it in for another car she wanted. See if that doesn't help? As it does make sense, since the 02s adjust through your computer chip.
04-03-2013 06:31 AM
rpatzer Offline

rebell- my cat and O2 sensors are new. I will try the chip reset and see it that helps.
PS- did you source your fuel with the Schrader Valve, or T into the high pressure line? It seems to me that either way, since the fuel system is under pressure, when you turn your car off, that pressure will push gas into the vaporizer until the pressure has died down.
On my other vaporizer, I had a solenoid valve that closed off when the car was turned off preventing fuel from draining into the vaporizer. It seems to me no matter the setting, there will be fuel "forced" into the vaporizer when the car is turned off unless there is a valve which shuts off that supply.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2013 09:59 PM by rpatzer.)
04-03-2013 10:41 AM
rebell Offline

MPG vaporizer
(04-03-2013 10:41 AM)rpatzer Wrote:  rebell- my cat and O2 sensors are new. I will try the chip reset and see it that helps.
PS- did you source your fuel with the Schrader Valve, or T into the high pressure line? It seems to me that either way, since the fuel system is under pressure, when you turn your car off, that pressure will push gas into the vaporizer until the pressure has died down.
On my other vaporizer, I had a solenoid valve that closed off when the car was turned off preventing fuel from draining into the vaporizer. It seems to me no matter the setting, there will be fuel "forced" into the vaporizer when the car is turned off unless there is a valve which shuts off that supply.

rpatzer, I used everything out of the box mine came with, so I used by fuel line adapter. At first I thought (as I read somewhere) to use a solenoid in like manner, but mine is working just fine with out it. Mine screwed right into the fuel rail to calibrate my system.
Looks like [lol] German engineering has met its match, huh? There's a chance that by mid to late summer we'll be back in the LA area so, that we can see our results in low altitiude commuting. I'm wondering if the lower altitude might push me to an increase of 10mpg or more that I'd been wanting to see without any more modications?
Cause right now I'm driving in at least 5,280 of elevation above sea level. Which you know the air here is less as verses LA sea level and that's what I'm guessing that it might make a whale of difference.
04-04-2013 05:03 AM
rpatzer Offline

I did my first freeway test, mostly freeway, and usually I get 32MPG today it was 36MPG. I have it set so at idle it isn't rich and it doesn't flood, which means it is set at the lowest setting. I will set it for the freeway which means I will have to "gun it" to make sure it doesn't flood at lower RPMs, but it will give me a freeway test.
I need to figure out a way so this fuel supply adjusts with the rpms
04-08-2013 01:56 PM